'Motors'

#notasubaru

1 Like
3 Likes
4 Likes

Sadly, they only lasted for a couple of years

what about building a tunnel or bridge for cyclists and pedestrians, london? and only for them? and at the right spot?

1 Like

You could use the Greenwich or Woolwich Foot Tunnels or a cable car.

I like ferries.

3 Likes

I like Zeppelins, but no one will bring them back for me :confused:

3 Likes

Book your flight now:
https://zeppelinflug.de/en/

6 Likes

That looks very nice, but where is my wicker-furnished cocktail bar, and my magnesium pianoforte? :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Unless Indiana Jones is one if the Flight Attendants, count me out.

2 Likes

Not sure if this belongs here or in Spaaaaace, but fancier hypersonic things to bring destruction and Amazon deliveries more quickly.

https://www.geaerospace.com/press-release/other-news-information/ge-aerospace-demonstrates-hypersonic-dual-mode-ramjet-rotating

2 Likes
4 Likes

So, what kind of motors do you folks have in your lives that are interesting?

I have a regular and a super bee Cox 0.049, neither of which I use.

My daily driver is a beat up Land Rover Defender 90 soft-top. It has a 68 hp diesel. If I plan a few days ahead, I can reach highway speeds. I’m not much of an off-roader, but I have done stuff that scared me.

I have a 70’s era Kitchenaid dishwasher that just won’t quit. (knock on :wood:)

I have one leftover Estes C-5 rocket motor from a package of three I bought for a high flying model. The first launch was so successful that it was lost until a kid found it a week later. I had the foresight to put my phone number on it. I flew it a second time and never saw it again. The phone was silent in this regard.

I had a Mercury 4 hp outboard with which I learned you couldn’t invert and stow for months. The salt water for cooling ran up into the head and seized it.

I would like to build a pedal powered boat, but I am not sure that that propulsion counts as a motor. I would love to have a reason to buy and use a vintage Seagull outboard. I would also like an electric car but won’t give up the Defender to get one. Yes, I could electrify it. Someday.

2 Likes

A Swiss start-up wants to introduce hypersonic travel using clean hydrogen

sorry, but why again do we need hypersonic travel? at all?

1 Like

Because billionaires feeding babies into machines that shred them to use as foodstock to teleport billionaires instantly where they want to go is infeasible.

For now,

6 Likes
2 Likes

Clash of the Titans.

No injuries

2 Likes
3 Likes

Crescent 2000

7 Likes