'Motors'

Windhoff Schienenschleiffahrzeug SF 50

https://www.raitio.org/suomen-raitiotiet-ja-raitiovaunut/helsingin-raitiotiet/raitiovaunut-hkl/kalusto/tyovaunut/hkl-2010-2012/

7 Likes
4 Likes

… I don’t know if there is a term for these people in American English

I think in Australia they’re called “hoons”

2 Likes

Now waiting for the CA DMV to pull Tesla’s operating permit. Waiting. Waiting. Still waiting.

Savannah. Nice and sleek, lovely lines, with very attractive Danish Modern(esque) interiors. But beauty is fleeting. (I saw what I did there.)

1 Like

For some reason, the reindeer makes it even funnier.

It’s amazing how long the Checker Cabs “owned” the streets of NYC. The back seat area was huge… and the back of the front seat (bench) had two flip-down seats (more like stool tops) that hinged down to accommodate little kids like me back then. A dangerous feature? You bet!

Priests’ (as in the Churches’) extortions are usually less, let’s say, secular in tenor.

1 Like
2 Likes

800 tons of Li-Ion batteries. :open_mouth:

On a slightly smaller scale:

Hoonigan, but that went mainstream with Ken Block.

3 Likes

6 Likes

And she did it on her own initiative, just taking the automobile and motoring off with the kids.

What is also often overlooked: she provided a substantial part of the capital Carl needed to set up shop.

4 Likes

1964 Cobra

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen a hard-top variant before.

Has a certain Ace and Gary quality about it.

6 Likes

ace gary GIF

4 Likes

I prefer the Daytona:

It checks all of the 11 yo boxes: stripes, side pipes, race car numbers, loud, cartoonish proportions. Yes please.

9 Likes

1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic

7 Likes

Isn’t that a (non-face eating) Cheetah rather than a Cobra?

5 Likes

DARPA’s air-steered X-65 jet heads into production with goal of flying by 2025

The latest experimental DARPA aircraft, which is designed to maneuver without the need for moving parts, is headed to the manufacturing stage and could be flying as soon as next year.

The X-65 is being built by Boeing subsidiary Aurora Flight Sciences, who scored a contract with the Defense Department last year as part of the Control of Revolutionary Aircraft with Novel Effectors (CRANE) program.

The key technology being explored as part of CRANE is known as active flow control (AFC), which relies on directed jets of pressurized air to steer the aircraft instead of flaps and rudders.

[…]

3 Likes
5 Likes