'Motors'

4 Likes

No paywall for full article:

4 Likes

Rivian crawls out covered in $1.5B of red ink, panting that it’s still alive

5 Likes
6 Likes

Had a day trip to Whistler yesterday. Beautiful conditions (how long are we going to keep saying that for unseasonable warm spells?) noted interesting rides:
1 Lotus/Caterham Super 7 (#3 on my all time fave sports car),
1 Lotus Elise (on my list)
1 Japanese RHD flat deck (Mitsubishi?) with two massive canoes on a top rack,
1 absolutely gorgeous blue Land Cruiser classic,
2 Porsche air cooled 911’s,
2 Porsche somethings duelling with a VW R maybe doing 130 in a 60 zone,
3 Latest gen Corvettes behaving themselves,
250 sport bikes absolutely not behaving themselves,
Various cruiser bikes and hogs, some of which were darn appreciative of me letting them pass,
0 other exotics, which was unexpected. Usually there are various Lambos, McLarens, Ferrari’s.

Lots of other folks being happy. Usually there are a ton of impatient people on that road.

3 Likes

I saw a 356 cabrio today, appropriately parked in the far regions of a parking lot.

Yeah, the curves just seem like they never end, and there are such tantalizing views that drivers must ignore! (Assuming you’re driving up from ‘Couve)

2 Likes

OLXmcM

4 Likes

10 Likes

I think, certainly for the first few releases, that there was no “they” it was just Schmidt and sample libraries of Latin instruments. It started off as an experiment to learn how to use the libraries.

Live he hired a band though. We saw them on the first tour.

2 Likes

My, ahem, “passenger” took these while “we” were heading back:

Stawamus Chief aka “The Chief” in Squamish, view looking southish.

Howe Sound looking south

6 Likes

“We”?

1 Like

10 Likes

9 Likes

What are we driving, here? Land Cruiser (or am I way off)?

I get Jeep a lot, sometimes Land Cruiser. It’s an ex British Military Land Rover Defender 90 softtop. Its specs are basically mid 80’s LR 90: 68hp diesel, no turbo. Its slow, relatively economical and quite fun to drive.

Mine is similar to these BATUS Land Rovers:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CoQtgbdvPLb/?img_index=1

I’m not really a military guy, but I wanted a Land Rover with patina. It is my daily all year 'round. I don’t baby it and use it for occasional heavy work.

3 Likes

[Clive Palmer: ‘I have enough money to build it 10 times over’: The Australian billionaire who has decided to rebuild the ‘Titanic’ | Culture | EL PAÍS English (elpais.com)]

I don’t know this is the best time. With global warming we will have more and more icebergs roaming the seas.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Yes, but you see, what you have to understand is: Clive Palmer is an idiot.

He also wants so very badly to be Australia’s Donald Trump.

7 Likes

Well, for a while at least.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF by Saturday Night Live

6 Likes

Last spring I got stuck in stationary traffic on the Sea to Sky for almost 4 hours after some dingbat overestimated their abilities and managed to shut down the entire highway (north and southbound). On the plus side, we stopped at the first place we could find after traffic started moving again to relieve ourselves and discovered Shannon Falls, which made up for us not having time to get to Whistler.

3 Likes