Mountain Dew connoisseur does not like 'AMP Game Fuel'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/15/mountain-dew-connoisseur-does.html

2 Likes

This new Dew, however, is for gamers and has a resealable lid because angry young men like to conserve!

Roger That!

2 Likes

Because angry young men don’t like sugar in their expensive mechanical keyboards.

1 Like

It seems like the lid is fiddly and increases the chances of getting the sugar in their expensive mechanical keyboards.

Sounds like a bad spot of hand shandy.

1 Like

It’s actually not that hard to open if you know what your doing my husband opened his in less than 1 minute. And if gamers spill it and it gets on their expensive equipment its their own fault for having it to close to their stuff thats just common sense. And as for the taste my husband and I think it taste good and so does everyone we know who has tried one.

2 Likes

Caffeine in 12 oz of regular Mt. Dew: 55mg
Caffeine in ONE No-Doz pill: 200mg

Taste is relative. I like Mt. Dew because it’s smooth and a very pleasant light citrus flavor that I find to be the most refreshing soft drink available. The caffeine free version is virtually indistinguishable from the regular.

1 Like

RepentantGenuineChimpanzee-max-1mb

3 Likes

When my team used to work crazy hours, I would load up on Code Red. I preferred it to that citrus flavor. It’s the only soda that worked as well for me as a cup of coffee. Years later I stopped drinking soda and started relying exclusively on coffee, which contains more caffeine.

2 Likes

In all fairness, the author looks like he has bratwursts for fingers, so I imagine a finicky little tab is especially hard to manipulate.

1 Like

Those are the dark truths we don’t talk about.

2 Likes

First - I like the new can design. Having a re-sealable aluminum can is great. It took me a few seconds to figure out how it worked, but it’s not that tricky.

Second - the different flavors of Mountain Dew are very unique. Saying they all taste the same (like SUGAR!) is not accurate. In fact, I used to test new flavors for Mountain Dew. They would send me unmarked cans with numbers on them and I’d go online and rate the flavors. There was, and is, a wide variety.

2 Likes

+1 for the Dew. OP’s crazy.

1 Like

Less than sixty seconds!
You can’t even steep a cup of tea in that time.

3 Likes

Mt Dew, bah!

moxie-game

4 Likes

I tried Mountain Dew once. The name is a lie. It tasted nothing like moonshine.

1 Like

It was actually created as a moonshine/whiskey mixer. And it is primarily sugar and orange juice.

The More You Know™

3 Likes

That’s the joke. The brand originally took the name from a nickname for moonshine.

2 Likes

Monster used to have the market cornered on resealable soft drinks.

Edit: I forgot Bawls exists… though I don’t ever see that in stores, what’s up with that?

Just so we’re clear, is that meant to be an endorsement? Most people can open a combination lock in a fraction of that time.

1 Like

In the retro variety, I could readily taste the O.J., but I doubt there’s much real fruit juice in there.