Mountain Dew and Red Lobster unveil collaborative cocktail; Doomsday clock unchanged

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/16/mountain-dew-and-red-lobster-u.html

1 Like

Bryan Cranston’s comedic superpowers may make Mountain Dew Zero somewhat acceptable, but I doubt even they will be able to sell this cocktail

4 Likes

Still waiting on the korean bbq taco with a Mountain Dew flavored Dorito shell from Taco Bell

2 Likes

Make Mountain Dew moonshine again.

5 Likes

Should have gone directly to the DewJito. It’s only Sprite, mint and rum anyway.

1 Like

2 Likes

5 Likes

wasn’t mountain dew originally designed as a mixer though? (well before it’s popular soda days)

And I’ll admit that I’ve actually mixed Mtn Dew with limoncello and ice for an actually not bad, but not really good either drink.

1 Like

Well they did briefly sell this:

Which I now see was discontinued, which is a shame because I rather liked it…

I fondly remember mixing Mt Dew and Vodka back in my high-school days which I cannot fathom doing now…

2 Likes

Everytime I see Frito-Lays or Red Lobster mentioned I’m reminded of the “Bachelor Chow” commercial on the intro to Futurama.

2 Likes

Looked it up, and yeah, originally a replacement for a mixer. But it sounds like the formula’s been tweaked at least a couple of times since the mixer days, so who knows what it was originally like.

Awyeah, American as diabetes and heart attacks!
Murica

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.