Mounties used Stingrays to secretly surveil millions of Canadians for years

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Stingrays are a notorious nexus of secrecy:

Now that got my attention.

2 Likes

They seem to use other kinds of bass too :

4 Likes

I knew it! I knew stingrays lived in more topical climates and it was unusual to see them swimming around in Canada, but no one believed me!

3 Likes

So, do we know how much crime-solving or prevention this mighty, rights-stomping effort contributed to? If the notes weren’t standardised, then other record-keeping and quality-control measures may have been similarly threadbare, which has the convenient result that they can claim all sorts of benefits without anybody being able to prove them wrong.

4 Likes

Oh your southern neighbors have perfected this technique: “If you only knew how many terrorists we caught just in time! Of course we can’t tell you, that would reveal secrets, but trust us, it’s a lot!”

13 Likes

How many years? Were these years Harper years? because this kind of madness is kind of a given for that period…

1 Like

And they killed Steve Irwin too!

3 Likes

Everything is known.

1 Like

Surely they could use less conspicuous cars.

1 Like

Careful analysis of the date revealed that the most used letters in Canadian are “e” and “h”.

“Anything can happen in the next half hour!”

5 Likes

It’s the polite way to spy on people.

1 Like

As much as I liked Due South, and have an ambivalent admiration for Mounties in general, I hope they all had their nuts fried by microwaves.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.