Mr. T's 1982 appearance on 'Late Nite with David Letterman' is pure gold

Originally published at: Mr. T's 1982 appearance on 'Late Nite with David Letterman' is pure gold | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I appreciated his wife’s cooking back then, but the rest of my family thought they were like cardboard.

13 Likes

I remember an interview with Mr T a number of years back where he said that the more he got paid for an appearance, the more chains and bling he would wear.

8 Likes

Exactly. Growing up in a racist rural town with only three black families, I was supposed to be afraid of this guy.
Nah. As BA Baracus, he was a hero to me and helped me see past the racist baseline viewpoint of most everyone except my immediate family. It did take some time and years before I could cheer for Clubber Lang against Rocky. Deprogramming doesn’t always happen overnight.

Here’s one of my favorite late night clips of this guy.

15 Likes

I will still binge watch the A-Team whenever it’s on. I also remember the “Americas Toughest Bouncer” thing.

6 Likes

This is almost 40 years ago… I feel so old. He sure made Letterman squirm though.

7 Likes

I love it when an interview comes together.

7 Likes

I’m still hoping for the Mr. T and Boy George variety hour.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.