There is only one man with the gold, and that man is Mr. T

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/22/there-is-only-one-man-with-the.html

8 Likes

If your story had only said, “Pity fools, respect mothers”, I would have ‘liked’ it anyway!

7 Likes

I hope he got your vote on DWTS.

10 Likes

What is this even…

3 Likes

I’m’ troubled by that linked KFC Ad. Troubled.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Huh - no idea he was on that.

I wish he had done more after the 80s. IIRC he had some cancer issues, and once I saw him on that horrible TBS(?) religious channel. But he was a fun character actor!

4 Likes

15 Likes

8 Likes

Some marketers come up with great ad campaigns. Some don’t.
I think we know which one we have here, (adds KFC to “do not ever buy” list).

5 Likes

I’m just thinking that if that… thing and the Burger King creepoid ever teamed up…

Appetites Will Be Lost

5 Likes

They’ve been funding some really weird stuff as ads recently.

3 Likes

15 Likes

Yeah, kinda already there because of the food’s … flavor. Also texture, odor, and aspect.

1 Like

Met Mr. T when he had a gig as a title-fight weekend greeter in Vegas about 20 years ago, nice guy, very funny and friendly- this was pre-phone/selfie days so pardon the image quality… one of many Vegas-centric brushes with fame I’ve enjoyed over the years. Love that “gold plate” and what can I say, I still love the Meat Puppets too.

14 Likes

Is that a whole gold plated apple pie?

1 Like
2 Likes

I whish they would produce an alternative timeline of The Walking Dead with Mr T.
Could be fun!

3 Likes

Why alternative? Why not stumble upon an enclave set up by the A-Team? They had mad maker skills. They probably could make a set up 10x better than the professor on Gilligan’s island.

8 Likes
7 Likes