Mr. T discusses his name

Originally published at: Mr. T discusses his name | Boing Boing

5 Likes

He’s got an amazing attitude:

In 1995, he was diagnosed with a cutaneous T-cell lymphoma, or mycosis fungoides.[72] Once in remission, he joked about the coincidence: "Can you imagine that? Cancer with my name on it — personalized cancer!

16 Likes

Reminds me of that post from BB from a while back. Between this and Mt. T’s vid it’s very apparent what the social climate was at the time, and how these over-the-top characters were more self-aware and smarter than what people gave them credit for.

13 Likes

Man I loved Mr. T as a kid. No idea why, I guess he was just a cool, colorful character. Used to watch him on The A Team and his cartoon.

9 Likes

I pity a fool that makes fun of another person’s name.
I can no longer see Mr. T without picturing Jordan Peele

5 Likes

One of the few celebrities from my childhood besides Fred Rogers that has turned out to be a genuinely wonderful person and not secretly a monster. I’ve always been fond of Mr. T, who has been there in the background of my life the whole time- as a TV star, as an inspirational speaker, even as an internet meme, he’s a reassuring presence in a way that’s become all too rare these days.

6 Likes

Ah, yes, lol. And featuring Kate Micucci.

3 Likes

Plus his wife made a killer pierogi.

10 Likes

“My middle name is Period” :smile::smile::smile:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.