MSG is safe enough for me

In Korea they have something called 미숫가루 (roughly: “Mee-soot-gah-roo”) which is very old and traditional food made of roasted and ground grains and sometimes legumes as well (sometimes over 20 different kinds)…just mix with water or milk and drink. I haven’t seen a nutritional breakdown of it, but when you start to consider things like buckwheat, sorghum, and so forth mixed with types of peas and beans, it’s gotta be pretty nutrient rich and have a lot of protein too. This is the original soylent, and it tastes good, but people often add a bit of honey or brown sugar.

Try it.

2 Likes

Have you tried steak tartar or raw millk?

YOU’LL NEVER GO BACK, MAN.

On an only slightly related note, I’ve never had real koumiss, which is made from fermented mare’s milk and horse blood, but I’ve sampled a similar recipe made from cow’s milk/blood and it was quite a lot better than I expected. I can’t say I’d go looking for it in the shops, though.

5 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

#FOOD IS often NECESSARY

1 Like

Just ask anyone who works there, they should be happy to point them out. Lambics frequently have fruit added to them (like yogurt or shandy), but there should probably be a plain one, too. I’m not really into lambic so I can’t give any personal recommendations, but I imagine trying a random lambic can only go so badly.

2 Likes

Oh, you Jeffersoned me!

food /fo͞od/ noun:

1. any nutritious substance that people or animals eat or drink, or that plants absorb, in order to maintain life and growth.

∴ (that which is necessary to maintain life) is necessary (to maintain life).

The first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club.

6 Likes

The second rule of tautology club is you don’t talk about tautology club unless you’re talking about tautology club.

12 Likes

(At the risk of beating a dead horse) the third rule of tautology club is the third rule of tautology club.

ETA: I totally didn’t read the first post that made exactly the same joke. Duh. The third rule of tautology club is flimsy at best…

4 Likes

And @B_Alvn: rodenbach grand cru.

You will never be the same.

2 Likes

The third rule is: “Enjoy the house brew.”

The fourth rule is: “Pull the door shut behind you when you enter.”

1 Like

The fifth rule of tautology club is to start getting rid of all these redundant rules.

1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.