Mueller releases Michael Flynn sentencing memo. All the good stuff is redacted

7 Likes

Because the system works, the system called reciprocity…

Got a little motto
Always sees me through
When you’re good to Mueller
Mueller’s good to you

There’s a lot of favors
I’m prepared to do
You do one for Mueller
He’ll do one for you

6 Likes

Strong and consistent, especially compared to the raving madman who keeps swinging back and forth between “I can pardon whoever I like!” and “those lying rats can rot in prison!”

14 Likes

The security services know how to do this sort of thing.

11 Likes

redacted

(via Reddit)

23 Likes

216re0

7 Likes

678082_v3

6 Likes

Mueller’s office reiterates that Michael Flynn was secretly being paid $530,000 by Turkey while he was a national security advisor and surrogate for Trump and “opining publicly on foreign and national security issues.”

I wish the sleazy racist bastard (and his son) were going to jail for this alone. I feel like a total lack of jail time is going to downplay the seriousness of what he did and encourage others in the future to follow in his footsteps. Plus, the irony of Mr. “Lock Her Up” being the one doing jail time would have been sweet. I hope to hell that whatever they got out of him was worth it.

7 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Time to rebrand!

21 Likes

He really is the anti-Trump, and his team is the anti-Trump-team. Avenetti is more like a Trump cousin.

1 Like

If I were the judge I would take Mueller’s recommendation and Flynn’s cooperation into consideration along with Flynn’s treason and sentence him appropriately.

2 Likes

Lol

Made my morning!

2 Likes

What does this all mean? It means people higher up than Flynn are in deep trouble.

I really hope this is the case.

But laws aren’t magic; they require people of character, people who put duty ahead of personal concerns, people who see themselves as part of working systems, to implement them, to uphold them.

6 Likes

Hate to interrupt the gloat-fest with an editorial quibble, but can we graphically stop using the red hammer-and-sickle to indicate “Russia”? It really invokes the worst of McCarthyist bullshit that so much of the right/alt-right/Fox News is still propagating. Everybody knows what Russia’s flag has looked like for the past, oh, two decades. Get with the times.

5 Likes

Artist: Robert Mueller

9 Likes

Some beauties on twitter:

3 Likes

By recommending no jail time for Flynn it’s like Mueller is offering an alternative to Trump dangling pardons out there for all his co-conspirators: cooperate fully and it’s the same as a pardon.

4 Likes

It’s a message allright.

3 Likes