Multiple Amazon employees have been fired for spying on Ring owners' cameras

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/09/no-comment.html

4 Likes

The criminal “Ring Ring”.

11 Likes

shocked not shocked.gif

8 Likes

The urge to voyeur is strong with these ones.

5 Likes

This company needs to fail immediately.

I’ve absolutely had enough of their shit

3 Likes

Wondering if they should have two supervisors who’s only job is to watch those three, as well as the co-supervisor to make sure they’re not abusing their posts.

3 Likes

Well I for one am completely put at ease by Ring’s denial of any problems going forward. Surely they would never lie to protect their business, right? Oh wait, we already know they lie like rugs.

1 Like

I mean, it’s better than them not getting fired, right?

2 Likes

Did they get new jobs as liaisons with police departments?

2 Likes

Good times to be a Luddite.

2 Likes

Over the last four years, Ring has received four complaints or inquiries regarding a team member’s access to Ring video data,

How does one know that someone is seeing their recordings?
Do you just assume it is happening and file a random complain and hope for the best?

In each instance, once Ring was made aware of the alleged conduct, Ring promptly investigated the incident, and after determining that the individual violated company policy, terminated the individual

Have they really fired those four or they are just saying that they would be fired after/when the violation is determined?
If they were really fired, does it means that every worker investigated was fired?

Maybe they could just put a ring camera to watch them.

My initial thought was having it always be a two way camera, but that didn’t seem technically feasible/practical/effective.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.