Multiple Disneyland unions authorize a strike

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/20/multiple-disneyland-unions-authorize-a-strike.html

11 Likes

Feel The Bern Strike GIF by Bernie Sanders

14 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

reads title

looks at tickets on desk

remember we booked a short trip to Disneyland in 2 weeks for a short “get away from the drama trip”

sigh

1 Like

Well, they may not be on strike-negotiations could still work out. This is just a vote to agree to go on strike if called.

1 Like

Why the heck does a single union cover the makers of both candy and cigarettes? Was there too much ambiguity about which union would represent the makers of candy cigarettes and chewing tobacco, so someone just said “screw it, we’ll do 'em both!”

More likely one group founded a union, and the other asked to join in.

Also, think back 100-125 years and this is all trained made by hand-ish labor. Pretty candies, pretty baked good and cigars that are handrolled, etc.

Not as many Steamfitters actually fitting steam in that union anymore either.

1 Like

The strike appears to have been averted:

@evadrepus I hope you have fun on your upcoming trip. Unfortunately a ton of rides will be closed for refurbishment, even without the strike…

2 Likes

Thanks for the good news! And good news of course for these workers…a Disney vacation is magical because of these people.

I’m actually not going…had to cancel myself so I could take care of a sick family member. Sending my family along without me to not drag them down.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.