5 Likes

News of the World, anybody?

ETA
Dibs on “China made me do it” on the Bingo card:

12 Likes

I’ll take, “we just run the network, we don’t watch it”

5 Likes

“Murdoch: No. Some of our commentators were endorsing it.”

And our graphics department who put up the keys, our editing department who cut the promos together, and our line producers who slotted them in schedule, or our editorial board who assign topics to the hosts, or the bookers who look under rocks for our guests …

Aside from the entire FOX News department, no one knew !!!

12 Likes
7 Likes

small fix.

9 Likes

Coincidentally in media propaganda. (as per @gatto)

6 Likes

Rupurt Murdoch: “Fox News? Never watch it. I don’t really care for it.”

2 Likes

I have the weird feeling that what Murdoch is doing now is ‘perversely’ a good thing. He has always stated that his media business is just business. He’s openly stated that this is not about “red or blue. it’s about green”… saw a huge untapped ‘market’ for right wing conservative content and mined it for all that it’s worth.

Rupert is the archetype of capitalist exploitation of a free market and has pretty much admitted this.

He has now laid bare that Fox News has treated their audience as rubes and only pushed Trumps lies through the mouths of caricature pundits for profit. Fox News was always the “fake news”.

The sweet part is that he has completely undermined and exposed the far right for the punch drunk idiots they are. Loud mouths that throw money into the surreal echo chamber that he stood back and watched fertilize itself and grow into an audience that essentially fueled itself.

7 Likes

I’m still going to be entertained by the unseemly scrabbling for power Come the Great Day.
(And also pleased ol’ Rupes is finally gone, natch)

3 Likes

They underestimate my propensity to assume the worst in people. Well, right-wing types anyway.

3 Likes

unpossible

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.