Music festival attendees plan to use more drugs as that's a better value than food and drinks

Originally published at: Music festival attendees plan to use more drugs as that's a better value than food and drinks | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Alternatively, take drugs and stay home.

15 Likes

I very recently paid 15 dollars for a single beer at a concert at a stadium. That’s the price of a 12 pack of decent stuff at the store.

They were 7 pre covid. I remember thinking that was too much.

My wage has not doubled in the last 4 years.

Couple that with me being so far away from the stage, that even the big screens showing the action were smaller than my phone’s screen, and I think I’m going to sit these concerts out.

11 Likes

How European to have socialized water. Here in America a day of $10 water bottles every hour to prevent heat death will cost more than the food and drink.

15 Likes

If you do enough drugs you can believe you’re at a festival.

Season 8 Tns GIF by THE NEXT STEP

14 Likes

It could be better than life! :smile:

8 Likes

And use a drone instead…

6 Likes

Oh, but that’s so '70s.

4 Likes

Having a flock of drones buzzing the festival piloted by VR pilots on drugs… what could go wrong? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

6 Likes

As I rapidly approach 50 I realise the 90s “living on the edge” actually meant going without a comfy seat, regular cups of tea and easy access to clean toilets.

The drugs were easy to find…

14 Likes

The beauty of capitalism and the free market. Adapt or die, you price gauging food and drink sellers.

4 Likes

i can’t believe how uncomfortable i let myself be while going to concerts back in my youth. the crowds, smoke (only some of it mine), the dirt and the smells. and i never take a clean toilet for granted these days.

2 Likes
  1. If you can smuggle drugs into a festival, why not food? :man_shrugging:

2. Wouldn’t doing an excess amount of ecstasy require one to eat at least a minimum of food to maintain one’s stability and endurance?

3 Likes

But I don’t want to eat a hoagie that I smuggled in in my…well, suffice to say I don’t wanna

8 Likes

Hey, I’m in my 50’s, and I’d still rather take molly at a festival than drink beer and eat overpriced botulism burgers.

1 Like

While I am usually fully sober at a festival due to being either on stage, back stage or under the stage in a hammock, I’ve come to realise that alcohol really doesn’t make things better. A bit of weed can, but alcohol does not. Food is needed, but I would eat the bare minimum due to the prices that tend to be at play. $8 a hotdog damn sure guarantees I’m eating the bare minimum of hotdogs.

1 Like

Food and drink prices are just nuts now, especially in the Netherlands i went to gig in venlo once where it was 2.40 euros for 220mil of beer in a tiny glass, or you could walk out side and leave the concert hall and in the car park was a ice cream place that also so sold German wise beer for 1.30 euro for a 1L bottle, needless to say during less popular bands people where in the ice cream place till it shut.

Also that event is having its last year this year as less and less people went to it i would hate to think what beer cost there now!

1 Like

Drugs have a functioning market so don’t have the greedflation that the monopolies in most of our industries are hitting us with.

3 Likes

Their advertising costs are a lot lower too…

4 Likes

Their influencers pay rather than get paid…

2 Likes