Musk chimes in support of racist tweets

Originally published at: Musk chimes in support of racist tweets - Boing Boing

4 Likes

You can take the white supremacist out of the apartheid state, but you can’t take the apartheid state out of the white supremacist.

31 Likes

“The CEO, who is an immigrant, and his followers spent the last 24 hours on a tirade against both DEI programs and immigration” :roll_eyes:

18 Likes

who is left on Xitter? Musk and bots designed to stroke his ego?

10 Likes

Wasn’t that elitist handwringing about IQ testing undergrads on here a couple days ago stinking up the place? Didn’t take long for that to find its level.

11 Likes

How about the media and journalism refocus on why it is dying, rather than why its Xitter crutch is dying? It’s obvious why Xitter sucks.

7 Likes

16 Likes

Put down the Ketamine, Elon.

5 Likes

Ketamine doesn’t make you racist.

Time run backwards? Sure. Racist? No. That’s on the user.

17 Likes

Allegedly 52 years old, he seems to think he is some kind of Peter Pan so he behaves and speaks as though he is 20- 30 years younger. So much money, allegedly so much intelligence, apparently precious little wisdom.

7 Likes

He has all the bad traits of children and the young but none of their charms.

The man is a walking example of Dunning-Kruger.

5 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve been sending occasional emails to school board members in my county to urge them to stop using X. Principals and coaches, teachers, etc. all still use it. School computers can access X but not Instagram or Facebook. I’m not clear on the reasons why X is considered safe for students and staff but not those other two.

7 Likes

Sky Uno Wow GIF by X Factor Italia

4 Likes

Isn’t this all being bankrolled by the Saudis anyway? The point was to destroy Twitter and it’s succeeding. I don’t think he is worried about the business or financial loss, but he was and continues to be so deluded that he doesn’t realize how much this is hurting him in every other aspect of his business ventures. Twitter going down the tubes though, pretty sure that was intentional, so in that regard he is doing his job.

4 Likes

That’s a hotly racist statement, wow. In a normal world, any CEO saying that would be instantly out, but he’s somehow the CEO of multiple companies? Other than collecting a check and x-ing all day long, I don’t see that he does much to the companies. I’m at junior exec level with a mere 50-ish direct reports and I’m buzy all day long. Running the entire company should keep me super busy and no time to do any social media.

5 Likes

That was probably their plan even if it wasn’t Musk’s.

I can imagine him giving a presentation about how he’s going to make money off checkmarks, turn it into an everything app, absolute free speech, and then after he’s gone, look at each other and laugh. “It’s going down!”, high-fives!

4 Likes

That’s an incoherently stupid and expensive way to destroy twitter when all they had to do is have him flip a switch, not to mention they could have easily had him suppress the parts they don’t like without saying “fuck you” to ad money. This really seems to me like a conspiracy theory – it provides a motivation for things rather than this just being random chaos, but there’s no other evidence for it.

12 Likes

Excited Lets Go GIF

10 Likes

As others have said, this is a needlessly complex conspiracy theory. If he had wanted to shut down Twitter, he could’ve just shut down Twitter without making himself look like an incompetent assclown in the process.

No one will ever convince me that an insecure thin-skinned manchild like Musk would intentionally mislead the entire world into thinking he’s a complete dumbass.

7 Likes