Musk claims to have hired a CEO for Twitter

Excited to announce that I’ve hired a new CEO for X/Twitter. She will be starting in ~6 weeks!

Oh great, so now Elmo can tell his rabid Muskovites that, “A gosh darn woman ran Twitter in to the ground! It would never have happened if I’d been at the wheel!”

7 Likes

That may in fact be very close to the way things turn out.

10 Likes

No, Musk’s going to take a page from Trump’s book and play Twitter Apprentice! Whichever contestant disappoints him the most each week (by calling out that reality doesn’t work the way Musk wants it to) “flies away” until the most sycophantic candidate is the only one left standing.

7 Likes

Or it’s his daughter.

There aren’t any laws saying that a CEO has to be older than one, are there? And even if there are, do you think EM would obey them?

3 Likes

She’s not in prison yet

And, according to the NYT, she has some recent experience with infantile behavior and with zoos.

6 Likes

Supposedly it’s Linda Yaccarino, NBC/Universal’s chair of advertising & partnerships.
Notably an avowed Trumper, who rose up the ranks a près her being in charge of The Apprentice’s revenue mechanics and being blessed by the orange fart cloud personally.

6 Likes

So not some bogus AI/ChatGBT creation then?

3 Likes

Santos will claim it is

4 Likes

I have to say I was expecting a blow up sex doll.

1 Like

Just how far in development is the Tesla robot right now?

1 Like

Does anyone still use “sysop” for anything? It was kind of cringey 40 years ago, and hasn’t improved.

3 Likes

I prefer BOfH.

4 Likes

Twitter’s boardroom, say a year or so from now:

maltese-falcon-gif

5 Likes
5 Likes

Not since it meant “the guy who has the computer in his bedroom that the BBS is running on” circa 1987. That Musk is using it here shows how hilariously bad he is at trying to sound cool.

I’m frankly amazed anyone would take this job. It has to be a Musk/Trump kool-aid drinker. Anybody else can see from 100km away what a train wreck the whole situation is, how pointless it is to try and salvage it, and what hell it would be working with Musk. There’s no reasonable way to get this company out from under the debt Musk saddled it with by paying 10x what it was worth.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it was something to give his tesla stocks a boost, seeing as the stock price of that went up a bit from the announcement; just in time for one of the interest payments to come due…

2 Likes

And Twitter will turn out to be only a worthless hunk of painted lead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.