Musk claims to have hired a CEO for Twitter

Originally published at: Musk claims to have hired a CEO for Twitter | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Delete your Twitter

16 Likes

Well you see, he’s been holding the revenue charts side-ways, and he’s only just now managed to get that pesky line to go horizontal. Should be fine now, if the company crashes it’s clearly the fault of whoever he handed it to.

4 Likes

The only stabilization I see in Twitter’s future is titled “Chapter 13.”

5 Likes

No. It's noble of you, Kif.

23 Likes

i.e., what he thinks are the important parts of twitter because he doesn’t understand at a very basic level what twitter’s business is.

15 Likes

It’s as though he sees himself as the techie in a stock photo, or he thinks that we do, or both:

Well…

10 Likes

here’s a thought: ignore everything he says

8 Likes

It’s Elizabeth Holmes isn’t it?

ETA looks like @theophrastus got to this joke before I did

15 Likes

My money’s on Devin Nunes. He has the requisite experience of running a Nazi bar social media platform.

Of course, Nunes may be still contractually bound to Truth Social. But I hear Tucker Carlson recently became available …

9 Likes

I was kinda hoping for Sarah Palin…

5 Likes

Is it still the poor schmuck from The Boring Company Musk’s been teeing up as fall guy/scapegoat when Twitter goes belly-up? Or did that guy wise up and decide that running one ridiculous Musk venture is enough.

5 Likes

I’m sure it’s nobody we’ve heard of. Not someone who would risk stealing the spotlight from him, and someone he would perceive as being indebted to him for a “big break”.

9 Likes

It’s Santos, isn’t it?

8 Likes

She will be starting in ~6 weeks!

Of course, we can’t believe a word he says, though.

9 Likes

I mean - no doubt, but what fun is it to speculate about that?

5 Likes

Guess from…wait for it…Twitter…that I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be a joke or not:

Carly Fiorina

3 Likes

I’m going for both. Elno sees himself as that skilled hardcore techie, we see him as that hardcore techie holding the hot end of the soldering iron. :rofl:

14 Likes

Given the unique skill sets required to run Twitter, I’m going with either of Kellyanne Conway or Liz Truss.

8 Likes

I d like to see the position filled on a rotating basis the way late night talk shows do when the host
Is away. There’s just so many good choices. Sarah Palin? Devin Numes? * chef’s kiss * Either that or a half dozen CEOs could exec simultaneously and be revealed one by one, masked singer style.

11 Likes