Musk planning to block Twitter access in Europe

Damn, more reasons to move to Europe!

4 Likes

Musk might be bluffing, but if Xitter does not comply with the Digital Services Act he won’t be the one deciding whether it is available in the EU.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Elon seems like the kind of guy who watched Citizen Kane and concluded Kane was the hero, beset upon by the hoi polloi who were jealous of his business prowess. See also: Atlas Shrugged, The Fountainhead.

11 Likes

“Dilbert Stark” :rofl:

23 Likes

Please do, also don’t forget block access for non-subscribers like you said you would. Thanks for destroying your terrible website.

10 Likes

As someone who lives in Germany, I can only say, yes please.

8 Likes

Allow me to add
Hej då!

And suggest
Addio!
for Italian. Arrivederci implies to will to meet again.

11 Likes

Hyvästi!

10 Likes

EU: Stop driving your car like an idiot.

Musk: Fine then I’m not going to drive at all.

EU: ummm ok

Oh and in Irish: Slán

13 Likes

Also adieu for French, not au revoir. I don’t know if there is a more-final expression than auf wiedersehen in German.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure losing the single biggest market would have no negative impact on Xitter or his plan to make it a financial app. More galaxy brained moves by Elno.

Yeah, charitably, Elno is playing chicken with EU regulators, trying to get them to back down, apparently not aware that he’s the one in the weak bargaining position. Seems like the EU would be happy to “bye Felicia” him, given all the problems created by Xitter, and he seems to be delusionally self-absorbed enough to not recognize that.

17 Likes

auf Nimmerwiedersehen maybe?

5 Likes

Hwyl Fawr!

3 Likes

Tot ziens!

2 Likes

Tioraidh! (“Slàn gu síorraidh” if you want to be more formal about it).

4 Likes
4 Likes

That’s it right there. I said on another thread that I told our digital marketing people that Twitter is gonzo in Europe inside a year. It would cost more than it’s worth, than Twitter has, and the people are long gone. He fired everyone making him money. It’s over.

5 Likes

It’s been a while since I brought this out, and maybe it is premature but…

Well, this will have to do as a proxy. Dear Mr Musk, we are European…
(He does not get that it is different here.)

7 Likes

These aspiring Twitter replacements need to offer APIs so that people can build apps around them to post and pull from multiple services. Of course, someone needs to come up with a sustainable business model around that, which is how Twitter ended up getting bought out in the first place. They built all the tooling and APIs to grow the medium, but never figured out how to monetize that ubiquitous reach, or the username that resulted from it.

I want an app that taps from BlueSky, Mastodon, Spoutible, etc. at once. i don’t want to log in to multiple apps to read the feed, and I also don’t want to read any particular person’s postings 4 times.

1 Like