Musk told Trump that Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings "not as scary as people think." Trump: "That's great."

… and also con artists who lie constantly :thinking:

10 Likes

Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery nuclear weapons, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally." — Abraham Lincoln

9 Likes

I have maintained that Idiocracy is a documentary from the future.

1 Like

Not gonna be able to source this properly, but a previous discussion featured a favorite author of these asshats promoting a “more humane alternative to genocide.” That phrase tells you all you need to know about their humanity and ethics. Fuck them.

16 Likes

Nah. Idiocracy is written around the classist idea that rich, educated people aren’t having enough children and are being out-bred by dumbass hicks who are only capable of producing more dumbass hicks.

If anything Musk probably thinks his eugenicist obsession with human breeding is the world’s solution to preventing Idiocracy from happening.

18 Likes

The weird brand dominances, the bar codes, surely, it’s more than just a rehash of Kornbluth’s “The Marching Morons.”?

3 Likes

came here to say this, too. the NYT had a great piece recently interviewing some of the handful of survivors that are still alive. they all say the same thing – we’re not taking the nuclear threat seriously enough.

14 Likes

Ra’s al Fool

7 Likes

There are a million sci-fi dystopias where corporations have grown in cultural influence to a ridiculous degree. The thing that makes the dystopia of Idiocracy different is spelled out right in the beginning of the movie when it explicitly contrasts a family of idiots irresponsibly producing a ton of kids with a highly educated couple waiting until “the moment is right” (and ultimately producing no children at all).

That’s why it’s not really my go-to movie for explaining the things that are wrong with our society: it ultimately plays into the classist and eugenicist fallacies promoted by people like Elon Musk instead of blaming… well, people like Elon Musk.

16 Likes

“Do you want giant mutant ants? Because nuclear annihilation is how you get giant mutant ants.”

This makes me think of another line of attack for Orange Julius.

The Dems should remind voters that he lives in a resort.

“He lives in a freakin’ resort. It’s like Trump is the dumbest Bond villain, wandering around in it like it’s some gold-trim lair. Hey Donny! Live in a house or an apartment like a normal person, ya weirdo!”

"

12 Likes

I suppose it can’t hurt, but his supporters were literally slamming “coastal elites” even while he was living atop a Manhattan skyscraper emblazoned with his own name in giant gold letters so they do have quite a capacity for cognitive dissonance.

20 Likes

That smells like Curtis Yavin, who wants to turn people into biofuel.

6 Likes

I stopped at the point where they describe his humane genocide: imprison them in the matrix.

I think I now understand how the far right can use the term red pilled: it’s that they want to knowingly enslave the underclass with technology.

7 Likes

Immortal? TBD. Immoral? This is a given, proven over and over.

7 Likes

These kinds of digs against Mango Mussolini are never directed to his supporters. They are directed to the Undecided Voter™.

:: turns to a voter who is still undecided ::

Really? After everything we know about both candidates, you are STILL undecided?

12 Likes

OK, I was curious enough to click through to the original “biofuel” essay. It reads like an asshole trying to emulate Swift’s “A Modest Proposal” more than a serious policy idea, except it completely fails because Swift used satire to draw attention to the cruel, anti-poor attitudes of the Protestant Ascendancy and Yavin just seems to genuinely hate poor people.

13 Likes

They have a problem with math, 73 billion plus 4 million equals 1 billion.

No wonder he still thinks he won the election, he can’t count.

7 Likes

Sharaj al Ghul – Ra’s is plainly the wrong end.

3 Likes

… surprising no one, Twitter statistics are fake

8 Likes