Musk told William Shatner Twitter doesn't give VIPs special treatment. That was before Twitter's secret VIP list was released

Originally published at: Musk told William Shatner Twitter doesn't give VIPs special treatment. That was before Twitter's secret VIP list was released | Boing Boing

9 Likes

This is why Shatner only travels to space on that other egotistical billionaire’s rockets.

40 Likes

Shatner will be hearing from the lawyers, of Colombia Records.

17 Likes
  • Pseudonymous conservative commentator @catturd2

I bet Musk just put that one the list because he found “catturd2” clever.

Strange that unless I missed it, the Platformer piece doesn’t give the rest of the list.

17 Likes

Little did Musk know he was really talking to Kevin Pollak.

Kevin-pollak GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

17 Likes

I wonder if Shatner might see fit to re-evaluate his 2018 position on decentralized social media.

https://nitter.esmailelbob.xyz/WilliamShatner/status/972526866308333568#m

edit:

“Nobody is going to sign up for a social media service which is decentralized and run by untrusted individuals who have admin access to the server. That’s why I quickly left Mastodon”

Turns out Twitter also has a bunch of untrusted individuals with admin access to the server.

19 Likes

( … just in case anybody needs an explanation )

20 Likes

It’s been fun watching Musk take his reputation from real life Iron Man to really successful business man to rich idiot to Trump with more money. I’m excited for when we get to Trump with less money.

33 Likes

Seriously, if you want to promote high-quality, reasoned debate on pressing issues of the day, why wouldn’t you want to give preferential treatment to an anonymous rando who goes by catturd2?

Is catturd2 Roger Stone, or something? It would make sense – he’d fit perfectly in the conservative all-stars lineup alongside noted intellectual bath toy Ben Shapiro.

I bet catturd1 is pissed that he didn’t make the list. Sorry, buddy, this is an exclusive club.

19 Likes

Now you’re telling me I have to pay for something you gave me for free?

Said every teenager turning 18 in the USA and now having to pay rent to the parents.

13 Likes

Catturd is the source of the Trump-friendly polling that shows him winning in 2024.

9 Likes

I see. Then you’d think catturd would be on the list instead of catturd2.

7 Likes

If Twitter believe their algorithm doesn’t surface the right voices – and they might be onto something there - then, um, why are they including @catturd2, whose fame is entirely due to what the normal algorithm gave him in the first place?

This seems like rigging the lottery to produce a completely random result, but what do I know, I’m sure they’re being really smart somehow.

3 Likes

Sorry, left off the two.

9 Likes

I have to admit, as an old person who more than once put stamps on a paper and sent them off to them…I found that crack really clever and funny. And that’s even with my so-so feeling about old Bill.

6 Likes

The number 2 is important when talking about turds; cat and otherwise :smile::+1:

10 Likes

When I saw this in the morning it came with the phrase that they didn’t release all the names “to protect their sources”. Which didn’t make a lot of sense to me but I get the impression there are several lists.

Cat turd is on them all obvs.

I have no idea if that bit is true.

9 Likes

I wonder if anyone explained it to Musk? (Because even if he was old enough, he probably just directly bought the records he wanted.)

5 Likes
  • Daily Wire founder and conservative commentator Cat Turd
  • Pseudonymous conservative commentator @catturd2

FIFY.

8 Likes

Elno’s (deliberate?) misunderstanding of checkmarks as some sort of reward or status symbol, rather than simple identity verification is the weirdest thing about his whole takeover of Twitter. It allowed him to frame checkmarks as some sort of divide between digital lords and peasants, to be replaced by… buying into the nobility? It’s really emblematic of Elno’s whole backwards, twisted understanding and approach to the site.

17 Likes