Musk's robotic bartender a human operated puppet

Originally published at: Musk's robotic bartender a human operated puppet - Boing Boing

6 Likes

Telepresence robots that cost as much as a supercar, and then mean you employ staff via some hyper-evil cross between fiverrr and Roblox for pennies sounds very Zeitgeisty tho. :disappointed_relieved:
(Bonus Torment Nexus points for the whole operation costing the users more than if they’d actually paid human staff a decent wage)

20 Likes

I’m waiting for the Nexus 7’s release.

13 Likes

The musk-ies have been doing this for a few years now; at least with their humanoid robots.

Busted: Elon Musk admits new Optimus video isn’t what it seems

By Loz Blain

January 15, 2024

Tesla’s Optimus humanoid folds laundry… With a telltale telepresence glove poking into frame to signal that a human is driving it

Elon Musk has Xeeted out a video of Tesla’s Optimus humanoid robot folding a t-shirt – which would be great, but then followed up with a second Xeet clarifying that the video is far less impressive than it looks – after being called out by observers. …
The problem is, Optimus isn’t folding that shirt by itself. There’s a human driving it via telepresence, as Musk noted in the follow-up Xeet above, some 23 minutes later. Or putting it another way, some 20 minutes after “TeslaLisa” pointed out the telepresence control glove poking into frame.

about a year before that, there was another showing of their robot ‘walking’ which was discovered to have been tethered from above – very much a marionette. (could it be that the muskatonic sycophants are doing this to impress musk even more than the rest of us…? [shrug])

…and wasn’t there the case of the sycophants have hyper-mapped the area around some musk mansion so that the robo-car ‘knew’ where everything was…? (hmm)

15 Likes

…Less than meets the eye!

30 Likes

I wouldn’t trust any of the guys there with my drink, either.

26 Likes

The entire thing with the taxi and the robot was just a big distraction maneuver to get people talking about something else other than how much of a disaster Elon and the cybertruck are. Of course the robot is a mechanical turk, its not different from his eternal promises of full self driving.

13 Likes

An odd choice, seeing as Musk is a racist that hates chess.

20 Likes

It’s called Optimus, because Leon’s imaginatiion is just a bunch of pop cultural references.

11 Likes

He hates the lack of space lasers in chess :thinking:

12 Likes

It’s got some issue in the procreation area, I’d rather wait a bit before acquiring one… I heard good things about the future Nexus 8, though, they shall be released soon, in 2020.

4 Likes

Correct according to whom?

Begging the question

14 Likes

I had one, unfortunately after some Android updates it become very slow. The final nail in the coffin was that for some hardware problem it wasn’t recharging anymore. The design was sleek, but unfortunately this Asus/Google partnership didn’t gave a good result.

6 Likes

Oh man, I had the one with a curved screen, slightly concave, sort of a love and hate relationship with its weirdness.

2 Likes

The A2’s always were a bit twitchy.

1 Like

There’s a dark joke in the industry that AI stands for “Actually, Indians!”. If the system can’t make sense of something, it gets kicked over to a call center on the subcontinent to see if a person can handle it. This does let you field a 60%-working system, if you ignore all of the many, many problems with it.

5 Likes

This event was 100% fraud - and I’m not sure how most shareholders can continue to ignore it.

5 Likes