Musk's tweeting fails to make his sexual assault settlement disappear

Originally published at: Musk's tweeting fails to make his sexual assault settlement disappear | Boing Boing

10 Likes
16 Likes

will note that I don’t use a flight attendant,

someone who attends a flight is not necessarily a flight attendant.

10 Likes

What kind of idiot pays a quarter million bucks to cover up an accusation made by a person who never existed?

Also, nobody said he sexually harassed a woman while she was wheeling in a food cart. He’s accused of sexually harassing a woman who was giving him a massage.

30 Likes

If her job description was “sex worker”, and she’d been informed manual sex was part of her expected duties before she took the gig, that’s ok. If her job was anything else, not ok.

ETA: to clarify, if her job was “massage therapist”, or some position that stipulated she would occasionally give massages, also not ok.

6 Likes

Well, that job description is legal in some places but illegal in a lot more. I’m in favor of decriminalizing sex work but we shouldn’t let oligarchs get away with things that ordinary folks can’t.

14 Likes

Yeah, that’s just a wee bit of a flaw with his argument here…

18 Likes

4 Likes

Not sure what laws apply in space, presumably the laws of the land below. I imagine it’s possible to chart a couse over international waters, which I assume are more lawless, that might be less problematic than staying in a stable orbit over Nevada, or other permissive jurisdictions.

2 Likes

I read the headline as:

“Trump’s tweeting fails to make his sexual assault settlement disappear”

Not sure that’s how Elmer wanted to rebrand himself.

12 Likes

‘and there many’

???

3 Likes

We already have conventions governing which laws apply before, during and after international flights so I’d assume those would apply here.

• Whist in flight in international airspace, the laws of the country of registration of the aircraft apply.
  • If the incident is related to air safety, the laws of the destination country will take effect.
  • And in addition, If the aircraft is within a country’s airspace, then that country can impose its laws in certain situations.

So if he wanted to employ the services of an in-flight sex worker he would have to (at a minimum) make sure the plane was registered somewhere that sex work was legal.

12 Likes

See how many groomers are on his payroll. Might be the giveaway, so to speak.

3 Likes

Every tweet from Space Karen sinks the price of Tesla shares even further - has anyone calculated what each one has cost him? They must be running at tens of millions of dollars apiece.

5 Likes

Also, “use” ?

9 Likes

Perhaps he means that when he wants to “fast” by eating fruit and nuts he asks his personal assistant, who asks the flight attendant.

2 Likes

I think you’re reading too much into the settlement.

Why, every time I don’t expose myself to someone, I always give them $250,000 to keep quiet about the thing that didn’t happen.

OK, I’m not Elon Musk, so in my case it’s more like $1.17 and a half-finished packet of salt and vinegar potato chips, but it’s the same general idea.

12 Likes

Which is interesting, because plane registration is national, but the regulation of prostitution is a state matter, unless you’re crossing state lines.

1 Like

I read that as there being some sort of jursidictional dispute if one leg is each side of a state border. Seems fair.

1 Like

The person was an employee of a company in California regardless of where the plane was. She clearly was not a sex worker.

5 Likes