Mutant horticulture

The curry leaf plant is finally taking off! Ginger to the left, tumeric above and sad mint all around.

8 Likes

This weird amorphophallus is about to unfurl its single, tri-lobed leaf.

12 Likes

Wut

One giant leaf

11 Likes

If you’ve ever wondered what Hell is like, put up one of those outdoor water-based fly traps.

I don’t want to describe it, but if you know, you know.

4 Likes

The ones you fill up and hang? They are really effective but you need a strong string or wire, can’t let them get rained on too much or they overflow, and gotta plan for double bagging disposal.

Otherwise, yeah.

Welcome To Hell Swerk GIF

5 Likes

My parents used to campground host, and would put up one of these water-bag fly traps near their campsite. In just a few days it smelled like death’s vomit. For some reason they didn’t seem to mind.

4 Likes

5 Likes

We’ve had a reprieve from the extreme heat of last week, when many of the plants and flowers took a real beating, but some of them seem to thrive in it.

11 Likes

Purple coneflowers, Hydrangea, and Buddelia

10 Likes

I’m growin’ some baby trees that I hope will one day become bonsais…

On the left, from top to bottom Rosewood and flame tree, and on the left, a blue spruce and I forget the other, but some kind of pine-type tree…

8 Likes

A delightful little surprise today: my little potted camellia has its first blossom!

It’s the wrong time of year for camellias to bloom here; the a/c must have fooled it.
I took a half dozen cuttings in the spring of 2020 from a huge mother plant that was on a lot about to be cleared of an unsalvageable house and likely to be collateral damage. This is the only one that made it.

10 Likes