My blood runs cold My memory has just been sold - Anti Fa as a Walmart brand

Like I pointed out above, it’s recuperation.

2 Likes

I hope nobody thinks I support pedophilia just because I use Gill Sans in a design.

1 Like

Does it undercut Antifa, the alt-right, or both?

I wouldn’t (I like the typeface, and Gill died 77 years ago so he isn’t benefiting from it’s use anymore), but I know some people get upset at it’s use because of the associated person.

1 Like

They must really hate the BBC.

1 Like

Yep. Forty years from now, when genuine antifa shirts are collectibles for nostalgic bourgeois, it will be important to be able to distinguish them from the Walmart knockoffs.

PS - wear that shirt a few times to take away the “new” feel, then stow it away in a safe place!

1 Like

12 Likes

avengers-tony-stark-eyeroll

8 Likes

If you upset people enough to get not one but two wordless gif responses you are on the right track!

Yea, driving trollies!!!

10 Likes

writing-is-hard

12 Likes

5 Likes

Now that I want!

1 Like

Off topic, but my blood ran cold yesterday hearing Rock the Casbah in Rite Aid. Now that I’m thinking of it Guns of Brixton in Shaw’s Supermarket was a bit unsettling.

5 Likes

Meh… nothing beats hearing Lost In The Supermarket… when at the supermarket. I have heard The Ramones at my local shop… WE ARE OLD.

7 Likes

Lost in the Supermarket seems appropriate here

2 Likes

You know what they say about what catching flak means.

I always get happy when I hear a song I like… then I feel a deep sense of ennui. Oh wait, that’s everyday recently… :wink:

4 Likes

Is that Maxim 20: “If you’re not willing to shell your own position, you’re not willing to win” you refer to?

1 Like

Yes, yes we are. sigh
just realized I was born in '58 and I am 58, at least for a couple more days.

3 Likes