My daughter wants a pink lava lamp, not a machete

I would love a pink lava lamp. She can always borrow Dad’s machete if she needs it. Besides, the kitchen and workshop already have plenty of knives, but a pink lava lamp would be hers alone.

9 Likes

Good name for a band.

3 Likes

Thank you, i was too lazy to link that

2 Likes

Yes, both is the obvious answer.

3 Likes

i have a lava lamp in my kitchen right now. it’s not pink, alas, but otherwise i have no regrets.

6 Likes

Not if you get a really good one from Mathmos.

5 Likes

“When I gaze into my pink lava lamp I imagine the dancing blobs are the eviscerated organs of my enemies.”

4 Likes

Growing up once a year my whole family would drive into “The City” in early December for Christmas shopping at “The Mall”, and I’ll never forget the first time I saw one on the shelf at Spencer’s Gifts, next to the black light posters and the dirty card games. Opportunities came and went, I gave them as gifts but somehow never had one of my own. My desire, however, did not diminish, and I finally bought one a few weeks ago. My life is now complete, it is as awesome as I imagined, and I spend my evenings staring into it’s hypnotically bubbling globs - it’s better than television. Ironically, I’ve owned several machetes, I never had any trouble buying one of those …

11 Likes

only if they’re klingon …

9 Likes

What are friends for? I axe yous?

2 Likes

index

5 Likes

Enemies? Oh, you mean Klingons.

1 Like

I keep a machete next to the bed. I’m not a gun guy so this is my line of defense against intruders. My wife thinks a machete is a bad choice because it requires more effort to use and the clean-up after an encounter could be exhausting. Maybe I’ll get a lava lamp instead.

5 Likes

I think blacksmith beats machete?

5 Likes

Baseball bats are very intuitive and ergonomic. Plus a lot of Americans have some practice with them already.

Blunt trauma is a lot less likely to get blood all over.

Just be sure to keep a ball and glove around.

3 Likes

Sometimes I think God created the universe as a means of trying to find a truly random number, something that could finally surprise Her. Has She succeeded? I dunno, but imma ask Her when I get the chance.

5 Likes

The answer is clearly get her a machete that glows in the dark. Win-win!

6 Likes

9 Likes

Four words:
Mathmos Telstar Rocket Silver

3 Likes

I miss that weird era of the early 90’s when everyone’s desktop fiddling decoration was one of those blob-in-a-maze toys. Hour-glassy ones, ones with little paddle wheels, ones with a tip-resistant sailboat. that and magic eye posters. What’s happened to the world?

5 Likes