My daughter wants a pink lava lamp, not a machete

She may also be interested in becoming a stoner in training. Back in the days I do remember 'other’s people tripping out on a lava lamp. And by others, I mean never me. I was a good kid. I never did anything wrong. I did ha smiley face lamp beside my lava lamp and hand carved swords from Thailand in my room. Eclectic.

1 Like

I was laid up after having my wisdom teeth brutally yanked from my skull. I asked dad to please rent me some movies from the video store. He came home with a shitty mountain climbing movie and that shitty Star Trek movie.

When in the history of Star Trek has ANYONE EVER BLED from a PHASER BLAST?!!!?!! Not even Evil himself David Warner could save that tired movie. I still resent old clueless dad for it, too.

3 Likes

That’s crazy expensive for a lava lamp. I’ve been picking them up lately at places like Big Lots and Aldi for $9 to $15. As a musician with a home studio they are basically mandated. The black goop in clear liquid ones don’t look as cool as one would think, btw.

2 Likes

I’ve never wanted a lava lamp before today. After reading this post and your comments, I’m obsessed with buying a Mathmos. Also, thank you for the link, @d_r !

3 Likes

My wife once had to drag me out of a Mathmos store in London. They had lava lamps with metallic silver blobs that I was lusting after hard. Unfortunately, because of licensing agreements the only was to get authentic Mathmos lamps in the US is to find an unauthorized seller with some kind of backchannel, or bring one in yourself in checked luggage and swap out the bulb and the plug for US-spec ones.

5 Likes

The last straw in my stoner son’s short college career was when he stayed up all night playing video games and never showed up for a final. I arrived with the U-haul and we moved him home. In the process, the hot lava lamp broke. Hot wax and water soaked the carpet. It’s just water and wax! So many misconceptions died that day.

3 Likes

So you’re saying a machete would have been more appropriate?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.