My favorite 'Baby Shark' remix

“Jump…the…SHARK! Doo Doo doodoo doodoo…”

2 Likes

I remember it from when I was in Cub Scouts which would have been around 1980.

Somehow I was fortunate enough to never hear this, until now.

So, a German children’s nursery rhyme independently adopted into song by several artists and then remixed ad nauseam? Hope the courts slap them all down. I loathe culture vultures, even one’s that appropriate annoying earworms.

1 Like

We were singing this as a Boy Scout camp song at least 10 years ago, probably longer. I have no idea as to its origins since camp songs tend to be handed down and spread from staff to staff.

1 Like

Though things like this are hard to pin down, I think this dates back to 1975 and Jaws. The doot doot doot does sound like a misremembered and mutated descendant of John William’s theme, and the whole, Mädchen schwimmt – Hai holt auf – Mädchen schreit - Hei frisst is a retelling of the opening scene. It’s the sort of thing kids would invent at summer camp, and pass on to younger siblings, dies off, comes back later when those kids are now camp supervisors, and so on.

1 Like

Slightly off-topic… (NSFW for a naked lady playing 4 way chess… not a euphemism, BTW)

but now we need a laibach cover of Babyshark…

2 Likes

As much as I like Laibach thanks to your wonderful evangelism of them @Mindysan33

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.