My favorite 'Baby Shark' remix

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/28/my-favorite-baby-shark-rem.html

1 Like

I remember singing this with my daughter well before 2015…so yeah, good luck with that.

1 Like

I sincerely hope you have a toddler.

2 Likes

Kid approved. My child just watched it, transfixed. Hands went up in the air right at the apex of the song.

1 Like

It’s “crazy frog” all over again, dammit. I.e. one of those things where I stop saying, “well, each to their own,” and start saying, “burn it with fucking fire.”

5 Likes

Someone’s late to the Baby Shark train. Also this one is more fire

ahh crazy frog… now I have 2 nightmares to rid from my brain.

4 Likes

I’m holding out for the John Cage remix, thanks.

Mercifully, my toddler is completely uninterested in it. But don’t get me started on The Wonky Donkey.

My children’s librarian would like a word with you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I heard this in one of its infinite variations at least 8 years ago; it appears it ‘just growed’, without a true origin.

1 Like

In the interests of what YouTube used to be and, you know, Web Archaeology in general…

Brought to you by the year 2008

Editing again to add that I am missing the whole “shark sees girl, chases her and eats her” from the older versions. I guess I really am old and out of touch if I hadn’t heard the new version.

2 Likes

If you want maximum lulz, here’s a hispanic take on Baby Shark

it’s like Senor Coconut… but not

Not familiar with Senor Coconut, not sure how i’ve never heard of him but its amusing but not bad. Will have to check his stuff out.

I had to look up who John Cage was, but now I’m holding out a John Wick remix.

As for this one, I appear to have reached an age where certain “wub wub” types of songs really fuck with my ears. Can’t turn it off fast enough. And this one falls in that category.

I don’t feel like their hearts were in the “Aie yie yie” at the beginning. Otherwise, this version was more… listenable… for me, at least. Still couldn’t finish it, but I made it to the grandma shark. Doot da doot doo doo. Fucking hell.

3 Likes

You are a better man than I am Gunga Din.

4 Likes

What can I say? I’m a slave to pop culture, and this was new to me. That said; I’m good with never hearing it again.

I needed an OMD chaser to get the Baby Shark tune out of my head.

3 Likes

Yeah the cover was serviceable, i like the backing music as its pretty much a standard merengue. The singing was half-hearted but i’m amused enough that i didn’t mind it. However its not something i would throw on to listen to (beyond driving trollies someone).

1 Like

This, of course, is what I’m thinking about:

5 Likes

The main thing I hate about it is the dance.

1. Sharks continually grow new teeth.
  2. Sharks grow throughout their lives, and females are larger than males.

Ergo Grandma shark should have the furthest extended arms and fingers extended. If you can’t do the biology, get off the dance floor!

1 Like

Has it jumped the shark yet?

I’ll just leave this here.

1 Like