My favorite garlic crusher

You Monster!

You know this is the work for your kitchen six axis Haas machine.

Do. It. Right.
Do it with Haas.

11 Likes

whatever it is you are making with 100 cloves of garlic, i would like some! :yum:

11 Likes

I use these and like it. Simple and a bit of a unitasker, but I certainly get enough mileage out of it.

2 Likes

Two and a half of these:

10 Likes

A knife? What a crapgadget. All you need is a couple of rocks that you can smash together to get a cutting edge. If you are feeling really fancy, you can tie the edge to a stick, but really that’s unnecessary.

11 Likes

Are you using the word “wash” as some sort of euphemism?

You rub the stainless steel over your hands and it helps eliminate the odor.

Does it work on trumpires?

5 Likes

Liquid Nitrogen
[immerse]
Banana
[smash]
Garlic
[just look at it]

4 Likes

That’s very practical and boring. I was hoping for something vaguely salacious.

2 Likes

If it is salacious you want, the Haas mill can engrave any number of images into your press.

Wink wink, say no more.

1 Like

I’m not convinced; I still believe all you need is the broad side of a chef’s knife.

1 Like

No, no, it’s all about the quotations!

See? Huh?

2 Likes

I mentally see all of those as air quotes, and it makes me smile.

1 Like

Thats how I read Mark’s post!

Edit: I guess you could also read it as caustically sarcastic, that works too…

2 Likes

My crusher has a name.

It’s Wesley.

17 Likes

Is it voice activated?

4 Likes

Only if you have incredible diction.

Wait, per @robulus, it’s “diction”.

9 Likes
5 Likes

All I ever get with a knife is a stubbornly-sticky-chunks-of-garlic-coated knife, chunks which then have to be swept off with my fingers, which are then coated with the same garlic chunks, then I wipe them onto the cutting board, then they’re still too large, so cutting them smaller means they’re clinging to the knife again, so more garlic-fingers getting them off the knife, and on and on, so garlic devices are the one “stupid unitasker” I’m prone to. I can do all sorts of other shit with a knife, but not that.
The only place I’ve ever seen someone take a knife, smugly & efficiently go “choppity-chop-chop-chop” and have a nice pile of minced garlic and a clean knife in their hand is on TV cooking shows.

4 Likes