My heart is broken. My dog Molly has passed away

My condolences on Molly’s passing.

I know that our pets having such short lives in comparison to ours is one of the hardest things to accept. When I lost my dog Ernie, I was heartbroken, but I came to a realization:

Take the span of the average human life, and subtract away all of the time we spend going to school, going to work, doing chores, doing all of the things that we have to do just to get through life. Leave behind only the happiness; walks in the park, days in the sun, time spent with loved ones. What you find is that the best parts of our lives add up to a dog’s life.

It’s not that our pets lead short lives; they just skip over the mundane parts and live the best parts in fast forward… and we get to be there for all of it.

8 Likes

And that’s assuming we get as much out of the walks in the park, the days in the sun, etc. as our four legged friends.

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that! We had a Siberian Husky whose personality was an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10, and losing her was tough.

The Akita we have now…

…turned 13 in September. Don’t know how much longer she’s got left.

3 Likes

So sorry, brother.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear the news.

I’m keeping my going-on-thirteen Belgian shepherd active and healthy, but I know it is only a matter of time. I can still convince her to go on long walks, but I can tell she gets achey a few hours later.

1 Like

I lost my furry best friend several years ago. I never felt as much pain, and I still get choked up when I think of his death.

Some people do not understand the bond people can share with their pooches. Your tribute is nice, and I feel sorry for your loss. I also remember the Fiono Apple tribute for her sick dog.

2 Likes

We should never apologize for who and what we have loved and lost.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this very personal story with us–the countless people you do not know and may never meet. I think it would be safe to say, you were lucky to have been blessed by her presence. Mourn her, but remember that were she still alive, she would have probably done everything to ensure you were happy.

1 Like

was going to upload a pic of moses. 17yo cat, died late this summer. it was too big.

i feel your pain, daily, when i see his shadow out of the corner of my eye. he’s still very much here, at least in my head.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry.

1 Like

What a beautiful cat. I’m sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I’ve known a cavalier spaniel for the last couple of years, and they really are little love-sponges. my deepest condolences to all Molly’s family. I’ve lost several dogs (and cats), and it helps a little to know that you’ve made their time here a good time. Rest in Peace now Molly.

1 Like

Feeling for you. Looks gorgeous.

1 Like

I’m sorry for your loss.

1 Like

As someone with a dog that’s like a son to me, I’m sincerely sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry, Jason.

1 Like

Spaniels are the best. So sorry for your loss.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about Molly, Jason. I hope the memories of all the good times you had with Molly come flooding back.
I lost my beautiful Duncan this past September; he was almost 19, and we’d been together since he was three weeks old. Never liked cats before he showed up, but what are you going to do? I’ve never felt such pure and enduring heartbreak.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. NPR’s show “The Animal House” just aired a news report that our brains light up in exactly the same way they do when we’re with our children. Any pet owner could have told the researchers that, by how we feel. Take care.

2 Likes

What a lovely dog. Please accept my condolences. Your words brought a tear to my eye.

1 Like