My two favorite times someone says "evil" in the movies

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/17/my-two-favorite-times-someone.html

12 Likes

tumblr_mpb2mkw54c1r4zr8xo5_250

21 Likes
15 Likes

Those are kind of evil, I guess, but they’re not e-vil, like the fru-its of the De-vil.

19 Likes

My goal is someday to have a second toaster oven with just a hunk of black burnt evil in it, and perhaps have it glow red except in way that Mac standby indicator getting brighter and softening in a breathing like loop.
That way I can tell guests not to touch it, or not, depending on if they need to go.

From Time Bandits (1981)
Image found on Reddit
Edited for clarity

19 Likes

fX7lLYC

14 Likes

evil-laugh

16 Likes

“Zorak is green… with evil.”

10 Likes

“Only a master of evil, Darth”

10 Likes

I have to agree that these are perhaps the two best times that actors have emoted what true Evil could be.

On the other hand, when evil is funny, it’s funny.
Simon & Hecubus

Source: The Kids In The Hall, Ep 2.22 (2011)
21 Likes

Harrumph.

image https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Drevil_million_dollars.jpg

8 Likes

Not a movie, but so untoppable.

11 Likes
15 Likes

Those happen to be my two favorites as well!

As Buckaroo Banzai himself once said, I’ve been ionized, but I’m okay now.

15 Likes

I fully concur.

4 Likes

Got to watch that again soon.

2 Likes

Buckaroo Banzai is twice the movie that Austin Powers was and four times as cool.

Don’t fight me.

13 Likes

I love this scene from The Birds, about 0:59

6 Likes
1 Like

Thank you for posting this before I had to!

Buckaroo Banzai Adventures Across the 8th Dimension and Time Bandits are two of my favorite movies of all time. There are so many little things (pun not intended) in Time Bandits that I’m still finding new bits of joy every time I watch it. The thing I noticed the last time was that Jim Broadbent played the game show host. Seriously, that movie has more Easter eggs than Ready Player One (and is a thousand times better).

8 Likes