Mystery woman whispers "The death is irreversible" on ITV broadcast of Queen Elizabeth's coffin run

Alls I know is, those English zombies (28 Days) are a lot faster moving than US zombies. Folks better fuck the queue and run for their lives if she manages to claw her way out of the vault.

16 Likes

finally the whole “the queen is dead. long live the queen.” thing is starting to make more sense

15 Likes

I kind of love “the death is irreversible” spoken at a royal funeral as a writing prompt.

8 Likes

And then a biggest headache when you realize it is maybe much more than several such people.

2 Likes

17 Likes

Emily Maitlis stoically and angrily reading “I’m now so old my pussy is haunted” multiple times with no hint of humour struggling to break free has already made my day and it’s only 7:18

:rofl:

7 Likes

ian mckellen GIF

6 Likes

I prefer Talking to a Dead Queen by Leif Elggren, that always gives me the serious creeps every time I listen to it. I can’t link to it, but you can find it on bandcamp.

… or repeat the word “as” at the end of a sentence, or write “give a shelter” instead of “give me shelter,” and of course if it were real it wouldn’t look and sound like every other bullshit post on GreatAwakening :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Makes me wonder whether this is dumbass writing - or intentional, as used in scam e-mails.

5 Likes

The weird syntax in email spam is an attempt to foil automated spam-detection systems. But Facebook’s spam-prevention algorithm (“does this post make us money Y/N?”) doesn’t require that level of effort to defeat.

6 Likes

They all write like that

After several complaints, my co-worker was asked to stop bringing her dog to work. In response, she wrote an absolutely insane 4 page internal memo.

Reddit - Dive into anything

4 Likes

“The deal is irreversible”

HBO now has the tag line for its upcoming “Zombie Queen” series.

1 Like

Yup, in fact most doomsday cults do set a date. It increases the faith and verisimilitude substantially, which means more fundraising (or more young girls or more whatever the cult leader wants) in a shorter amount of time.

When the dates come and go with nothing happening, it rarely impacts the cult. The leader makes an excuse, sets a new date, and they continue. Once people are that invested, it’s very difficult for them to leave. There’s an emotional sunk cost there that is hard to overcome. A perfect example of this is Warren Jeffs. Even after he was arrested, thrown in prison for life, and it was revealed to his followers without a shadow of a doubt what a lying piece of human garbage he was, they continue living in his cult after he was gone. It was all they knew and they are comfortable there. People are messy.

Oh No Ross And Carrie have a spreadsheet somewhere for all the doomsday dates missed by cults that did not affect said cult, but I can’t seem to find it now. Humans are not as rational as we like to think we are, and correct information almost never disrupts a belief that someone’s emotional stability depends on.

9 Likes

I think you may be overstating things a bit. She left mainstream education at 16, having failed her O-levels twice. She then attended, for a single term, a Swiss finishing school that taught skiing, cooking, dressmaking and French. A fellow alumna said of the place that “The assumption was that you were a dunce and that the only hope for you was to attach yourself to what was known as a good provider.”

ETA: none of that means she couldn’t have had an excellent grasp of spelling, grammar and punctuation. She may well have had. But her background certainly doesn’t guarantee it.

Also, the attribution of that text to her can safely be dismissed as nonsense without relying on arguments from solecisms.

2 Likes

As far as I know, the pushback against stuff like O-levels and whatnot is that exam-based learning could be biased in favor of boys. IMHO, she more than made up for any poor academic performance by showing that she had considerable emotional intelligence, and could see quite well how the Capitalist and pro-crown folks were ruining the world for the rest of us.

4 Likes

I would largely agree with you. I really wasn’t trying to diss Diana: I was pushing back against the presumption that “educated royals” couldn’t possibly make mistakes in written English.

2 Likes

Gotta love a good short term doomsday prophet though. It’s soon enough that you can remember when it shows up so that when it doesn’t you can disprove it quickly.

I know that we absolutely will hear “she was silenced!” when she ends up not shambling down Oxford street.

“…Princess Diana as some of you may remember me as.” LOL

I, along with countless others, am waiting for that Full Disclosure Event.