MythBusters's Jamie Hyneman explains his toolkit that nobody else can touch

1 Like

I have one rule for other people working in my shop - Don’t put anything away, just leave any tool you use out on the bench!!

I’ve often had to replace missing tools only to find them in the wrong drawer months or years later.

Last week I found a brass automatic punch in a transparent box full of brass air-line fittings. It had been missing for about two years…

Also, the quality of KNIPEX cannot be overstated.

3 Likes

That was surprising to me too. Some of his tools were not really top notch quality (many were). And also a few things WERE missing, despite his attestations to being a hard-ass about it. So I am thinking he doesn’t necessarily keep the best of the best in that case. It’s more of a go-bag to get shit done. And occasionally things get left behind, or people pilfer it or he lends out of it. So it’s not a perfect system, but it’s a GOOD system for most field-service type purposes.

1 Like

For someone who seems so precise and orderly, he sure is sloppy with the yellow spray paint.

1 Like

Soo generous of Jamie to share this. And it is packed with practical usage tips. The experience and advice rolled into it makes it like a free master class folks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.