Name every 24 bit RGB color

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/13/name-every-24-bit-color.html

5 Likes

My humble contribution:

#C3F3DF “Spring Queef”

But I don’t know how to copy paste the color swatch here

2 Likes

This is a chance to plug the excellent visualization of the xkcd color survey that helped quantify how much more detailed women’s color-space tends to be than men’s. There are many, many color names that only women use; the most masculine color name I found was “goblin green”.
In aggregate below, note the many more dots above the his/hers line than below.

7 Likes

Since fuchsia in HTML is #FF00FF, let’s make fuckweasel #FF11FF.

8 Likes

RBG color is mostly #000000, at least when she’s dressed for work.

16 Likes

Though the small lace collar is #FFFFFF, which means RBG has just a few effs to give.

13 Likes

… uh, am I the only person who thinks labeling a dark tan color “definitely terrorist” is just a touch racist?

2 Likes

It’s from the anti-racist but arguably ironically racist and therefore simply racist satire of how authorities and the media determine the terms to use for a suspect.

8 Likes

Guess that explains how #ED-9000 got past the guards

3 Likes

“Goblin green” is among the charmingly masculine (and I mean that without irony, I find this genre trend kind of adorable) color names I’ve been introduced to since I started watching Warhammer/RPG mini painting videos.

3 Likes

I’ve changed it all the same so it’s obvious that’s what I’m doing.

4 Likes

#FFB700

Dystopian President

2 Likes

Gonna have to disagree with your assessment on that green. Amstrad Green is a darker shade.

1 Like

Hmm, I feel like maybe I’ve found a suitably shitty and immature nickname for the President… think maybe I’ll try it out for a while. Had been trying to work in ‘FB’ and ‘666’, but I think I can settle for #ED-9000 Rotary Prevaricator™ until something better comes along.

I see someone has arrived at the obvious one early:

2 Likes

Au contraire! There are many horrible Amstrad greens to choose from!

“Pseudoberry” would make a good flavor name as well - or even a strain of cannabis.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.