Nancy Mace plays dumb on Jim Jordan's sex abuse scandal while endorsing him for Speaker

I grew up in the Deep South. People there have, for generations, voted against their own interests: a fatalist worldview. This shows a shocking lack of understanding of the political process that the ReThugliKKKlanners are exploiting and manipulating.

These two things are mutually exclusive. A person cannot be pro-women and anti-choice.

I’m also quite sure she “doesn’t know” or is “unfamiliar” with anything that poses an inconvenience for her personal agenda

4 Likes

They’re not stupid, or ignorant. They know what they are doing. Idiots wouldn’t have been so effective at spreading the hate and division as far as they have.

But they are most certainly assholes.

6 Likes

They are doing what they have been told is the “right” thing to do.

It is horribly wrong.

Yup, that’s what fascists do, and are.
They are wrong.

4 Likes

i agree that the “smart” choice is anti-racist. i believe it’s the closest choice to objectively good that one can make even despite the fact morality is constructed and relative.

however, the people we’re talking about think everyone else is stupid for not supporting bigotry and white supremacy.

belief like that comes before everything else including education. and while, yes, change in beliefs can come from experience and education in the loosest of sense - it’s no guarantee.

the most reliable way to stop this/them is establishing consequences for racist actions and hate. most particularly by denying power to those who want to use it to racist and hateful ends

that’s why i feel it’s important not to dismiss them as stupid people. instead, i believe, it’s necessary to recognize them as smart, motivated people with dangerous and harmful beliefs. recognizing them that way provides the best frame for working against them.

i honestly feel we dismiss their intelligence at our own peril

4 Likes

You know, for what ever reason, I had in my head Jim Jordan had been covering up for Jerry Sandusky all this time. I only realized a few weeks ago it was a different child molester :frowning:

1 Like

We agree more than we disagree.

1 Like

i agree :wink:

Well, the GOP House behaves like children. I’m not surprised a job which grants them authority over the children would attract child predators.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.