NASA makes cool space mission posters that reference pop culture

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/20/nasa-makes-cool-space-mission.html

9 Likes

tenor|nullxnull

14 Likes

I didn’t get their Duran Duran one until I realized they were referencing Barbarella.

4 Likes

That’s nothin! Trump’s Space Force ones are gonna be TEN TIMES COOLER!!!

1 Like

You’d think NASA could get someone with better photoshop skills…

3 Likes

You’d think someone would know better than to give some of them red shirts.

9 Likes

Expedition 42 forgot their towel.

4 Likes

these are incredible, you’d think the press would pick up on them

hard to believe something this great came of government and hope the power-that-be don’t tamper with it (like they try to kill the post office)

1 Like

It’s okay, the engineers always make it; red shirt or no red shirt.

1 Like

The source material for most of these is still more diverse than reality. :thinking:

I wonder if for the Star Trek one someone asked about sizes to get the uniforms made but the team all said: No problem I have my own at home.

7 Likes

Cool? Fun, maybe but not cool. I kept expecting them to get better as I scrolled down but it never happened. I’m actually surprised they share them.

They also had the good sense to hire Randall Munro.

Someone hail the copyright attorneys on the com.

The gov funding threat has been out there for awhile… so NASA economized many weeks ago… just in case.

:wink:

1 Like

Hey, I’m all for it if it gets us to Europa (a robot anyway)… at this point they could use a gofundme page… some good photoshops would help with the fundraising :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are we ‘wink face’ challenged?

:wink:

:

1 Like

All kinds of challenged I’m afraid :smiley:

1 Like

Visited the Huntsville facility about a month ago, can confirm the presence of several of these posters.

Why they don’t just call Huntsville “Saturn” facility escapes me. Also, Space Camp was in session. [Kinda still want to do that. Yes, yes, I am a total space nerd. So what?]

1 Like

They’re embarrassed for them, since they can’t get to space on their own anymore unless they Blanche Dubois with the Russians, and Drumpf gave away their space station. Their circumstances have been greatly reduced.