NASA's unbelievably sadistic coloring book

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/18/nasas-unbelievable-sadistic.html

6 Likes

Presumably they realise that 90% of adult colouring-in books never get coloured in.

Also 82.5% of statistics are made up.

20 Likes

I hope the called it The Stars: My Frustration.

17 Likes

Possibly it’s like those puzzle books in Mercury Rising.

If you colour in the whole book, the NSA swoops because clearly you’ve got inhuman levels of patience and hand-eye coordination and need to be taken into custody for National Security reasons asap.

10 Likes

“Open the pencil case please, HAL.”
“I’m afraid I can’t let you shade that, Dave.”

30 Likes

“I need to go outside the lines, HAL.”

19 Likes

Without color it reminds me of a textured ceiling tile.

5 Likes

More like, “I need to go potty, HAL…I can’t feel my fingers HAL.”

1 Like

While you’re at it

19 Likes

I’d love to see someone at Coloring Book Corruptions try to do something with this.

4 Likes

What is the name of the book?

A lot of NASA coloring books are available on this page: https://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/hqlibrary/ic/coloringbooks.html

2 Likes

Several of them feature dogs as “guides”

Tess went to live on a farm in the country, she definitely did not burn up on re-entry.

4 Likes

That is Luke waving a lightsaber in the middle isn’t it?

1 Like

com-add-text

12 Likes

7 Likes

Sadistic? Aw, come on! I’ve seen colouring books full of Indian Mandalas that put that to shame!
Isn’t the complexity supposed to relax you, or something?

…I’ve only done about half of my colouring book… It must be an orientation thing…Fetish Coloring Book

1 Like

4 Likes

Even a child isn’t going to sit there and color all the negative space in black. Like most kids I’ve witnessed with coloring books, they are going to have fun with it and to hell with what it’s supposed to look like. So we could get some really nice abstract impressionism out of this,.

6 Likes

Crayola doesn’t have a “Stain on Humanity” shade.

14 Likes

RAL 8023 ‘Orange Brown’ seems close enough.

7 Likes