Nashville NICU babies dressed up as Taylor Swift

Originally published at: Nashville NICU babies dressed up as Taylor Swift | Boing Boing

1 Like

As much as I find this sort of thing amusing, celebrity worship of this magnitude is dangerous. Just look at 2016.

4 Likes

On the plus side, there’s already T-shirts with Swift-Gomez 2024 and both of these women lean very far to the left. If she wanted to run, it would be a landslide win for the Dems. Just imagine 70,000 people in a stadium screaming “Fuck the patriarchy!” and you get the picture.

1 Like

Well, I briefly did have a child in a NICU. I suppose if they asked the permission of the parents it is OK, but my reaction is more like “stop horsing around and just do your job”.

My experience was that the nurses were great, but it was a lot better to have our child well enough to get out of there.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine how hard it is to be a NICU caregiver. If the parents are OK with it, and it brings even a tiny bit of light to their day, I’m happy for them.

2 Likes

All the best to the tiny-tots.

1 Like

At least we’d have an actual billionaire as President.

1 Like

I generally agree, but if you’re going to look up to a celebrity, you could do a lot worse than Taylor Swift. She found a way around a predatory recording company holding her discography hostage, avoided getting sucked into crypto endorsements, leans left politically, and, so far, has avoided becoming a horrible person. Or at least has kept it hidden. I’m inclined to believe the former. Her music doesn’t do much for me, but it’s not awful.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.