Naughty Tijuana Bible about Trump and Stormy

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/17/naughty-tijuana-bible-about-tr.html

4 Likes

Ye Gods!!

18 Likes

I am torn between posting this:

john-waters-is-concerned

…and this:

john-waters-art-for-the-what

33 Likes

6 Likes

Ever body have an awesome weekend and stay safe Cow Girls & Cow Boys.

29 Likes

Some of whom, I assume, were good people.

16 Likes

I don’t think Ms. Clifford deserves this.

8 Likes

Speaking for myself, that single heavily redacted page is worth a dozen pages of sworn depositions. It is spectacular.

6 Likes

Holy shit, was the tijuana bible the inspiration for chick tracts?

14 Likes

Don’t you mean… fuck yeah? :wink:

1 Like

soooo…analog Deviantart?

eta: tijuanabible.com is available somehow, thought it is being squatted by a semi-ambitious person asking $3k…

There is a remake. The villains were the Chinese until MGM realised that the real Chinese government would be rather unhappy, so the film was re-edited to replace the evil Chinese with evil North Koreans.

1 Like

I don’t know… I kinda think that this would please Trump on some level. All press is good press.

Now if Trump were part of a Tijuana donkey show, that would be different. I wouldn’t look at that either, but just knowing it was happening would put a spring in my step.

3 Likes

The similarities are so striking that it’s pretty obvious Jack Chick saw some Tijuana bibles and figured they were a great way to spread the word.

1 Like

As amusing as that thought is, a common lineage in political cartoon pamphlets is more likely.

2 Likes

Or that Chick’s appeared first?

2 Likes

I’d say the art and especially printing is quite a bit better than ye old-fashioned Tijuana Bible.

2 Likes

Hey @frauenfelder can you ask you friend if he has ever seen a Shadow based Tijuana Bible?

2 Likes

Chick’s first tract was published in 1960, long after the heyday of the Tijuana Bibles. We can only conclude that his style was influenced by long, hard study of them . :wink:

9 Likes

He knows what evil lurks in the–

Well, maybe we should leave that one right there.

3 Likes