Bible Stories, with U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/19/bible-stories-with-u-s-attor.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH Jeff Sessions hosts Bible Stories and tells the tale of Jesus and the holy separation of mother and child.

15 Likes

How do you say “Arbeit macht Frei” in Spanish?

21 Likes

trabajo te libera

My high school Spanish got me part way. I had to use the Googles to get the rest. sigh

10 Likes

The entire Donny Two burgers criminal organization can go fuck themselves.

flipper

20 Likes

19 Likes

Eeww, no.

21 Likes

At this point the default is to consider any Republican to be complete and utter scum until proven otherwise.

Trump Detention Centers are officially added to Wikipedia’s list of concentration camps

17 Likes

The stories really write themselves these days.

5 Likes

Is this the second coming of Positive Christianity?

4 Likes

Ha! We need these as decals to place in strategic areas near every truck stop and Cracker Barrel in the nation.

7 Likes

With a cactus. Sideways.

15 Likes

The single most important thing to remember about fundamentalist Christianity is that the actual words and deeds of Christ don’t really matter, what matters is that to be a good Christian you simply have to believe in the Bible is true and accept Christ as your personal savior. There have even been efforts to claim “camel through the eye of a needle” is not Jesus making a metaphor for “impossible” but a reference to an actual narrow gate that existed in Biblical times where camels could get through with some effort.

9 Likes

The question is, would Jesus accept them?

4 Likes

This needs to be a billboard in every state and a printout in every mailbox.

I’m just going to say it flatly there is nothing biblical or just about this.

These people are evil.

These people do not follow Christ.

These people do not understand the Bible.

This is a perversion of religion and human decency.

Someone please stop these people.

5 Likes

They follow some Biblical figures though.

14 Likes

I have much more compassion for Jeff Sessions after learning on This Week Tonight that Sessions—and this is true—is so small he can use a raspberry as a hat:

5 Likes

“Of course He will,” says their positive thinking, “We’re white!”

I’m kicking around an idea for a leaflet that I want to put together and distribute on cars in church parking lots on Sundays.

I got the idea from a rather hateful little screed that was left on our car when I was purchasing a heathen idol at the local mall.

They had changed “What Would Jesus Do?” to “Who Will Jesus Destroy?” and it was advertising one of the TOO MANY churches in the Colorado Springs area.

I just need to flesh it out some more.

5 Likes

Apparently Methodists are condemning the actions of Methodist Jeff Sessions. Not the official Methodist Church (yet) but the clergy and laity.

7 Likes

There have even been efforts to claim “camel through the eye of a needle” is not …

It doesn’t change the meaning of the passage, but many scholars today believe that Jesus was not referring to a camel, the animal, but a thick nautical rope also called a camel.

The meaning is perfectly clear either way, but passing a rope through the eye of a needle seems like a less off-the-wall metaphore.

7 Likes

Wow, Multitasking Child-Snatching Jesus is quite limber!

(I consider these types of evangelicals to be Old Testament “Christians”.)

1 Like