Police reports show child sex abuse is rampant at immigrant detention facilities under Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/27/636762.html

11 Likes

Thank you for this reporting and summary.

11 Likes

Dear Jeff Sessions,

Please cite the bible One. More. Fucking. Time. to justify this atrocity.

Sincerely,

Everyone Else in the World who isn’t a Complete Waste of Skin

34 Likes

The reality of structural conditions doesn’t care about your promises and beliefs. Even if you did mean it. Remove people’s rights, remove their recourse, remove their agency, remove their dignity and the predators that are usually semi-dormant bloom like slime mold.

21 Likes

What I recall from the bible didn’t have much of anything to do with protecting kids from atrocities.

Not that Sessions isn’t a complete waste of skin either. Just that hiding behind the bible on this is stupid.

This whole situation, from top to bottom, is heartrending.

4 Likes

I’m sure that team pizzagate, so dedicated as to chase down even the remotest possibilities of organized pedophile infrastructure, will be on this in no time.

20 Likes

Hillary’s fault, somehow.

3 Likes
5 Likes

I’m an atheist, I was raised by an atheist, whatever bible learnin’ I have I picked up in the gutter.

It’s not the Bible that I’m angry about; it’s the pious fuckers that think their reading of it has made them righteous, and that righteousness confers dominion over the world and everything in it.

No one should be shocked by the stories that @xeni is posting; these abuses were entirely predictable. People here did predict them. I’m infuriated because, in his righteousness, Jeff Sessions caused a crisis that could only ever end in lasting, debilitating trauma for the most vulnerable among us and he expects to be lauded for it.

No, the Bible doesn’t have a great track record on protecting children from atrocities. Neither, frankly, do human beings. But demonstrating mercy and protecting the vulnerable should be prerequisites to righteousness, and righteousness should be a shield, not a sword.

As you say, heartrending. And infuriating.

16 Likes

They knew what they were doing…These hate infected fucker set up a feast for there pedo base. I wouldn’t be surprised if Roy Moore wasn’t working for one of them. Any time kids are left at the mercy of totalitarian governments they will be victimized. And since they are brown kids these bastards won’t give one fuck because they see no human value in other people. Why can’t we get rid of this scum?

4 Likes

“It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.”
– Luke 17:2

18 Likes

You’re not wrong and it’s both infuriating and heartbreaking. I suppose it’s worth pointing out that the Bastard in Charge (Donald), has been publicly accused of sexual misconduct and rape by 21 women so far. Here’s the running list for those playing at home - Huffington Post

9 Likes

The case was dropped, but I can’t forget this story involving his buddy Epstein who 45 has said is “a very good person”.

Lawsuit Charges Donald Trump with Raping a 13-Year-Old Girl

4 Likes

The linked ProPublica documents seem to be 404’d.

Obligatory:

8 Likes

Oh yes, you mean Registered Sex Offender Jeffrey Epstein right? Seriously though, this repugnant Cheeto stain admitted to sexual assault on tape and he still got elected president.

4 Likes

Matthew 18:6 says the same thing

It’s almost as if Jesus and his followers had a strong enough objection to this kind of behaviour that they felt the need to repeat it.

8 Likes

Trump, his administration, and the monsters that support him do not care. They are laughing right now and say “Good.”

2 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

Our tax dollars at work.

2 Likes