Police reports show child sex abuse is rampant at immigrant detention facilities under Trump

“That’s what they get when they try to illegally come to our country! Blame Obama for not fixing this sooner!”

1 Like

well credit for them finally finding a way to get the kids back into the newscycle, but not like their suffering ever stopped and omg this is beyond horrific

remember, we made literal orphans, deporting parents and marking kids as “un-reunitable” when pressed by the courts (which somehow accepts/endorses this status to make it even more horrible)

the real question is if this will bother to appear on the news past the buried Friday news dump

if the dems don’t completely shut this down if/when they get control they deserve to lose 2020, it’s not a lesser evil, it’s evil any way you slice it and it’s being done in everyone’s name

1 Like

I’m not certain if you posted that to try to prove me wrong, or just to shed some light on a tiny bit of goodness toward children in a very thick book.

If that was your goal, it’s going to take more than one sentence in a book that has (by some calculations) 783,137 words to change my mind.

BUT! Like @Faffenreffer my interactions with The Bible have been sporadic at best. I’m open to being wrong.

That said, I can think of at least two sections/stories that have to do with killing children specifically to please God.

And yes, I know the arguments about Old Testament vs New Testament, “Not all Christians,” etc.

The thing is, every time that’s brought up I think about how a person can believe one thing so strongly in their holy, infallible, life manual and yet be able to say the bits they don’t agree with are “obviously not intended as written,” or “it was a different time then,” and proceed to ignore them.

All of it was a different time then.

And I’m rambling.

I’m not a Jesus basher/hater. I feel like He made a lot of great points, and was a good person as presented in The Bible. How He was between the pages, we have no way of knowing, but we do know His believers feel He was incapable of any wrongdoing. So here we are.

I just wish more of “His followers” would actually… you know… follow His word instead of twisting it to suit their politics/personal beliefs.

“Followers” like that absolute asshole Sessions.

1 Like

attributed to ghandi–

reporter–what do you think of western civilization?

ghandi–i think it would be an excellent idea.

8 Likes

Not at all. I know you didn’t make any claims that the Bible says nothing on the issue, just that you didn’t recall anything. I wanted to point out, for anyone interested, that Jesus did in fact make a very clear statement.

We aren’t in disagreement. Note that I’m not in any way defending the Old Testament or the New, apart from what is presented as a direct quote from Jesus. As you say, those are the parts most overlooked by the Xtianists who use His name.

5 Likes

Also:
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”
eta: corrected! NOT Gandhi, but still not a bad sentiment.

6 Likes

Well, then its a good thing that we’ve locked up these predators, otherwise they’d be at-large in the U.S.

You do get that it’s the children who’ve been locked up who are being sexually abused here and that it’s some of the people who are working at the facility who abused them? Those predators are at large in the US, because they are born here.

9 Likes

As with many quotes attributed to him, Gandhi didn’t actually say that. Still a nice sentiment, though.

is that meant as sarcasm or did you mean that to be unironic?

1 Like

Mexican children are pretty. I believe completely that this was a setup to benefit bureaucratic pedos and well-connected Epstein types.

Secondary beneficiaries of this ghastly policy will be the gangs. Mistreat an animal and it will turn permanently mean in most cases. Children stolen from their parents and molested, abused, mistreated by adults in US government and/or molested by Catholic priests will be a curse upon US borders. And, frankly, they should be as a matter of cosmic justice.

I’ve never seen corruption equal to the current administration’s.

2 Likes

hiddleston-okay

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.