Girl, 6, sexually abused at 'Southwest Key' detention site for families separated under Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/27/girl-6-sexually-abused.html

5 Likes

Just as predicted; I’m only surprised the story isn’t that the child was abused by an ICE employee.

Obligatory gif expressing my extreme vexation at this repugnant and inhumane fuckery:

28 Likes

yeah i got like 3 posts on this topic, the other two are about predator employees

17 Likes

(writing the others up now. not yet posted.)

12 Likes

Deny Abuse, Reverse Victim and Offender!

4 Likes

UGH.

Where is that damned meteorite, already?

18 Likes

You got the pamphlets as well? Would be a hell of a mid-term upset.

Sorry, coping mechanism.

20 Likes

Who could’ve guessed that denying some of the world’s most vulnerable people of all legal rights while simultaneously removing all accountability from the people in charge of detaining them would have led to this kind of horrific abuse?

32 Likes

We do what we can to get by; if we don’t laugh, we’ll cry… and the crying might never stop.

(For what it’s worth, it doesn’t even need to be an ‘extinction level event’ meteor; just a tiny one, maybe the size of a soccer ball, would do… especially if it lands directly on the White House.)

11 Likes

Maybe they “misunderstood” the orders to ensure the children are well groomed?

1 Like

Well, then, plan on seeing this from me again:

6 Likes

Through the work of Families Belong Together and a legal team assembled for this case, D.L., her mother, and her father have now all been reunited.

And you can help them in their mission here:

8 Likes

I have only one thought for my moral enemies:

13 Likes

You beat me to it.

I wish there was a way to ‘weaponize’ empathy.

7 Likes

If only…

11 Likes

I suppose that “psychoeducation” is a new pseudoscience invented by the new child warehousing industry.

1 Like

I was thinking on a slightly larger scale; a megaton empathy ‘bomb,’ which makes it impossible to harm someone else without feeling their pain, magnified 10x.

4 Likes

Nah, it’s just another term for making the victim take responsibility for the behavior of the perp, and “gaslighting” would be too obvious a term to use, after all.

If she had known her “Good Touch / Bad Touch” -before- being kidnapped then it wouldn’t have happened, and wouldn’t be her fault, would it? /s

3 Likes

This. I want to do to them what Eragon did to Galbatorix: make them understand and experience all the suffering they’ve caused.

1 Like

I really don’t like this. I liked for attention.

I’m with @Melz2 in simply being outraged for the predictability of this.

4 Likes