Girl, 6, sexually abused at 'Southwest Key' detention site for families separated under Trump

I’m afraid to say it, but they ARE getting off.

Lack of consent is an aphrodesiac to a predator.

1 Like

The problem I see with this plan, as regards sexual predators, is that most of them HAVE experienced it.

The planet isn’t really the problem.

9 Likes

There were already the stories about verbal and physical abuse by government employees.
Then we have the story that about five hundred kids won’t be reunited, possibly ever, with their parents because the parents were already deported.
I’d be ready to storm some fucking holding centers if I thought it might help the situation at all.

5 Likes

I know the feeling; this is so incredibly fucked up, there are no words.

5 Likes

Pretty sure that’s the goal here. Provoke violence.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure their goal is to not give a flying fuck about human beings who they consider to be lesser species.

Edit: for grammar. I’m angry and I’ve had a couple.

1 Like

That’s pretty much the go to ‘provoke violence’ move. It’s not motivated by kumbaya feeings, is it?

If someone storms one of these centers, it will only be an act used to justify something else outrageous.

1 Like

Fair! Thanks for sayin! This is utter bullshit

If they kept the kids in a pizza place in DC and blamed Hillary, maybe someone would have done something about this already.

3 Likes

When I built my new house, a building went up next door which we called the hostel. It was run by an NGO which provided housing for single parents. They provided accommodation for single parents, who had usually been picked up by the police for drug offenses. In many cases the children were only with the parents because there was absolutely no other option.

The hostel was run on a voluntary basis by a person who accepted free accommodation, and whatever fringe benefits the position gave them. They had the last say on who stayed in the hostel, and could evict anybody at any time. No records were kept of who lived there. People often arrived and departed at night.

Now I don’t know that there was sexual abuse happening in that building. In truth, I don’t know what was going on at all, but in light of recent scandals in certain churches, it seems unlikely that there was no abuse at all, and it was certainly the ideal place for it to happen.

Sure, but as you said, they were with their parents. Apple to oranges

a privately run hostel where parents and children stay, coming and going freely… its pretty much an entirely different situation from a government run center where children have been forcibly separated from their parents, and in many cases LIED TO about why. Please reconsider committing to this comparison.

Frequently the “parent” is a 20-something male heroin addict who will do absolutely anything for his next fix.

If I understand @Michael_R_Smith correctly the implication is that the person who had the say on who could stay in the hostel would have been in a strong position to coerce sex from either the children or the parents.

“Complain and you’re out on the street. No one would believe you anyway since you’re just a junkie.”

5 Likes

not in my name, at my expense tho.

And take your kid. Not comparable.

Exactly. Vulnerable people are always more likely to face horrific abuse. That’s why it’s so unconscionable that our government would take away what few protections these families already had.

Refugees are one such vulnerable group. Homeless families are another.

5 Likes

And I would never state or imply otherwise.

I think a 6 year old who is asked to sign to take repsonsibility for her abusers behavior, by a government worker… has nothing to do with homelessness or drug addiction, tho.

But sure, drag in more hot buttons.

That never happens, never muddies the waters one bit. /s

1 Like

You make a good point. I’ll admit when this thought first occurred to me a few weeks ago, I was thinking more generally of everyone involved in the current administration’s actions.

1 Like

It’s not just the perps who have. It’s often their enablers, too. So I think you’re on point.