Girl, 6, sexually abused at 'Southwest Key' detention site for families separated under Trump

Did she sign in crayon?

This detail is simply so utterly insane. A SIX year old. Just finished kindergarten if she’s even been to school, in a normal world would be looking forward to her first day of Grade One (fat chance of that). Its pretty cool that she can even write her name (I can just see an “X, her mark” in pink crayon).

She has legally acknowledged, on an official form no less, under her signature, presumably enforceable in court, that she has a responsibility to avoid being sexually abused. Jesus H, we wouldn’t ask an adult woman to sign such a thing.

What universe are these people living in, that they think this is a meaningful or even sane? Even insane people would think this was insane.

11 Likes

it’s just a “D”. That’s her signature. :angry:

What I want is the signature of the clinician, just below hers, [redacted] so that clinician can be removed from working with sensitive populations.

2 Likes

“Clinician?”

Is that what they call them these days? Wouldn’t “screw” be more appropriate?

1 Like

Nurse Ratched comes to mind

“The child was then made to sign a form acknowledging that she was told to maintain her distance from her alleged abuser, who is an older child being held at the same detention facility.”

Are the government going to try and use this piece of paper as a legal defence to deny responsibility? Surely a document signed by a 6 year old is valueless - even if they understand the language and meaningless.

4 Likes

Civil disobedience isn’t violence; taking over a building via mass of bodies isn’t violence (though violence may be done to the protestors). Not that that’s what the Trumpanzees have as a goal here - they’re just trying to punish would-be asylum seekers and dehumanize immigrants. These people aren’t smart, they aren’t even thinking one step ahead, much less two. They were expecting the populace will go along with it, or at least not react too strongly. Or they weren’t really expecting anything - it was yet another act done to see how far they could push things, to normalize the unjustifiable.

6 Likes

who is the inhuman soulless monster that wrote this document for the six year old to sign? who is the immoral fetid beast that ordered it served? and who the one who served this abusive document to the child ? who is this sad pile of feces that thats slithers on the floor leaving a feced trail while it tries to pass for a hominid. picture! picture! I want a picture of this repugnant pig my reptilian brain screams.

1 Like

Actually I suspect, from the little girl’s post-trauma behavior, as reported by her mom, that psychoeducation is all too real: probably a combination of hypnosis, brainwashing, & mental torture techniques. These are experts, not amateurs.

Edit to add: Oh, and don’t forget the drugs.

This ^

IANAL, but I can’t imagine this document would mean anything in any court. Surely there’s an age limit before which contracts can’t be enforced. 16 or 18 sounds reasonable…

Also, just to amplify points already made… WTF with the victim blaming?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.