Navy: Service members in "Make Aircrews Great Again" patches during Trump Japan visit may have violated regulations

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/28/navy-service-members-in-mak.html

2 Likes

Make America - and Aircrews - Reasonable Again.

7 Likes

USS WASP? Reality and satire have fused.

39 Likes

they 100% violated uniform regulations. However, the punishment is barely a chewing out. So…whatever. There have always been stupids in service.

12 Likes

In other news, Rear Admiral Trump is going to order the Navy to go back to steam catapults on carriers because “digital” catapults are complicated and no one understands them except Einstein and he’s dead.

17 Likes

Given those awful, deadly Navy collisions from a couple years ago, we can at least hope the Trump Legions are too incompetent to actually follow him across the Rubicon.

3 Likes

Trump crossed the Rubicon in 2016.

He and his traitors are crossing the pomerium thinking its they have Imperium.

8 Likes

You know, if you’re going to break regulations for this kind of partisan display, what’s to stop you from going being even more partisan if Trump is removed from office and refuses to go?

6 Likes

It’s so bananas to me that he still has a high approval rating among service members considering all the times he’s dissed POWs and disabled veterans. Not to mention the direct harm he’s brought to LGBT service members and non-citizen service members and who knows who else.

20 Likes
  1. From what I understand, the commanders can OK non-issued “morale” patches for events. Whether that is the case here, I dunno.

2. That Trump patch looks like if Howard Chaykin drew it ala American Flagg.

5 Likes

More Assholes Going Authoritarian

12 Likes

Viewing after the jump shows the patches via the twitter link.

It’s an old name, and a good name.

There are worse names

5 Likes

I dunno … the guy in the patch doesn’t look like Trump so much as the child of Mitt Romney and Andy Warhol. But that’s just my perception.

9 Likes

Well, they’re getting closer to just an armband.

17 Likes

??

(9 char)

The worst offence is that romance novel cover “Trump” they put on there. He’s missing a few chins.

11 Likes

Donald never apologizes and always tells the truth. Space Farce is totally real. Send your application to me. Include $99 shipping and handling, believe me. sad

9 Likes

if only there were even regulations to asses against the “blue lives matter” flags i keep seeing on every single cop car i pass, these days…

6 Likes