NBA player deliberately misses free throw to win opposing fans free chicken sandwiches

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/16/nba-player-deliberately-misses-free-throw-to-win-opposing-fans-free-chicken-sandwiches.html

18 Likes

I wouldn’t say it was ethical but it would consider it sportsman-like.

17 Likes

talking stan marsh GIF by South Park

15 Likes

Everyone loves Boban (both fans and players). The missing of the free throw to help fans of the opposing team get free food is straight out of his playbook. This is why Clipper fans won’t ever boo him even though he no longer plays for them.

15 Likes

Sort of like the Black Sox, but with greasy, fast food fingers as the outcome.

season 5 jubilee GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

11 Likes

The announcer excitedly yelling about who was going to get chicken, and who was giving chicken, was my favorite part of that video.

3 Likes

Boban is the best. I even rooted for him against John Wick!

8 Likes

Mr Marjanovic has got a wonderful face.

4 Likes

That’s beautiful.

Although I also expect whoever has to give out the chicken would gripe about it and claim that deliberately missing voids the promotion.

If the utilitarians have a sportsmanship award this guy has it locked down for probably the next decade.

4 Likes

Given that Chik-fil-A is the sponsor and he just cost those bigots a bunch of money, I’d say he comes out way ahead!
Truly a baller move.

12 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.