Nearly 10% of all wild California condors are wreaking havoc on one person's home

6 Likes

I guess you would have to Condor proof the outside as best you can, then rent blinds for bird watchers. $50/hr or something like that. Rake it in.

3 Likes

Maybe an ex-husband authorities stopped looking for.

6 Likes

This is beginning to sound like one of those “Weird But True Crime Stories”.

Headline:
"Endangered Vultures Discover Serial Killer!"

7 Likes

Ah yes, there are precedents for this sort of thing:

Vultuuuure

to be fair, ol’ Schultz made no mention of poop, he was a refined gent.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I’m sorry if that is expected to mean something to me, but I’m afraid it does not.

3 Likes

wearing heels while standing on a handrail :fearful:

1 Like
5 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

5 Likes

Yeah, I thought of that possibility too. Makes a great story.
But it also could be that they believe something has died in or around her house and are obsessed with it.
Or some strange arcane combination of those two.

1 Like

What? 1 in 10 California condors are in one person’s back yard and ‘wreaking’ a fictional superhero character (however such a thing is achieved)?

Wild.

:wink:

2 Likes

Maybe it’s like one of those animals that can sense when someone is about to die. That lady might want to pay a visit to her doctor.

6 Likes

“I don’t like living in the city/suburbs. There are too many people. Too many cars. It’s too noisy/smelly/whatever. I’m going to move to the country, get back to nature. It’ll be awesome!”

Later…

“There’s too much wildlife here! I don’t like it! Make it stop!”

4 Likes

Sadly, the post may be updated but the BBS headline is not. I gather it may be a known problem. Better talk to Ken…

1 Like

How can I give them our address?

3 Likes

is spelling havoc with a c instead of a k really that important

3 Likes

Twitter was saying she might have a gas leak as odours are added to the gas that attracts turkey vultures and the like and the circling of these dinosaurs allows the gas company to find the leak.

4 Likes

Came to post this, leaving satisfied. :heart:

2 Likes

According to the internet, a group, perched, is called a wake, committee, venue or volt. (I’m sticking with wake.)
In flight, they’re called a kettle.
TIL.

6 Likes