Vultures occupy Florida home, fill it with vomit and excrement

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/19/vultures-occupy-florida-home.html

4 Likes

Run Away!

16 Likes

Typical altright traphouse then.

9 Likes

Vultures occupy Florida home, fill it with vomit and excrement

Finally, a feasible way to improve Mar a Lago

You can’t make Bath Salts without filling a few homes with vomit and excrement

The Aristocrats!

19 Likes

Two thoughts:

And

17 Likes

Owners’ Teenage Son: Uh…yeah…the seagulls I mean vultures filled it with vomit and excrement…

7 Likes

If all that isn’t a metaphor for American politics and economics ca. 2019, I don’t know what is.

28 Likes

Gross.

Speaking of gross vulture stories, I like this one:

5 Likes

The homeowners blame Katz’s neighbor, a woman who they claim is excessively feeding wildlife. Katz said she has seen the neighbor give bags of dog food and even a roasted chicken to the vultures.

Some issues there, I think.

16 Likes

There is a family tale of my grandfather driving my mom when she was a little girl and out of nowhere a dead rabbit just dropped onto their windshield, blood, whole carcass and everything.

They never figured out where it came from there was nothing around them, my mom always just presumed an eagle or something dropped it and it landed on their car as they were driving.

I imagine that would scare the shit out of me

8 Likes

Could be worse, could be a tortoise.

17 Likes

While this would certainly suck, it is a bit difficult to muster much sympathy hearing that someone is having problems with their 700,000 dollar vacation home. Truly a first world problem.

6 Likes

According to the article, they were dealing with Black Vultures. From the Wikipedia page:

This vulture also appeared in Mayan codices.

So finally, The End Is Nigh!!!

5 Likes

I’m trying to understand how the vultures became “trapped” in the house. Like, was the neighbor opening the door to throw vulture food inside?

Anyhow, I also enjoyed this tidbit:

Katz said she even tried putting out four fake owls that have moving heads and blinking lights.
“The vultures chewed the owls apart,” she said. “They ripped the heads off.”

13 Likes

Heh. Dead Rabbits.

In some alternate universe, this is how Isaac Newton discovered gravity.

2 Likes

vulture

4 Likes

It was a screened-in porch area. They tore through one of the screens then couldn’t get out.

6 Likes

#OccupyPalmBeach

6 Likes

Vultures really know how to party.

14 Likes

Now, had your family been vultures this had been an occasion to celebrate with a feast of dead rabbit.

3 Likes